Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ATMs down Saturday night

Options
  • 24-10-2014 2:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭

Not sure where else to put this, but just noticed a message on an Ulster Bank ATM saying they'll all be out of service from 01:30 to 04:30 on Sunday morning (26th), due to "essential maintenance".
    I assume the system can't deal with the clock going back.

Don't know if it's only Ulster Bank or if any of the other banks are the same, but if you're heading out on Saturday night, make sure you're not relying on an ATM for taxi fare home.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭Beano

Well seeing as the clocks going back at the end of summer time is an entirely unprecedented event that they have had no notice of i am not suprised that they are not prepared for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

So when do we panic, crack each other heads open and eat all the gooey stuff inside?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

So when do we panic, crack each other heads open and eat all the gooey stuff inside?

Well, yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Oh no. People off their face looking for extra cash to keep the party going better plan ahead

Oh no. People off their face looking for extra cash to keep the party going better plan ahead

we've all been there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

They will be up an running properly by Christmas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

If people went home at a decent hour then there wouldn't be a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Beano wrote: »
    we've all been there.

Remember the old money in your sock trick and you'll never be caught short in the wee hours

Remember the old money in your sock trick and you'll never be caught short in the wee hours

I always carry one of these. http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B002JUDJBG?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=od_aui_detailpages00

If people went home at a decent hour then there wouldn't be a problem.

and where is the fun in that?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Beano wrote: »
    and where is the fun in that?
    Go out early, go home early.

If you're going to lie in watching X Factor or Stricly Come In Your Eyes or whatever until bedtime, stay at home.:)

Go out early, go home early.

If you're going to lie in watching X Factor or Stricly Come In Your Eyes or whatever until bedtime, stay at home.:)

I think i'll stick with go out early, go home late. It has its charms.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,756 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

You won't get to crack my head open until I challenge you to a game of Knifey-Spoony.

Advertisement