Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Two men stabbed in row between two feuding traveller families in CUH A&E department

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭Beano

But its their custom to fight each other, when and where they please. To deny them that right is just discrimination.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭henryporter

At least they were in the right spot to get seen to quickly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭discus

A stiff sentence would be a decent deterrent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

It's their cuture.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

They want equality but behave like savages

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Peintre Celebre

No doubt Pavee Point won't be quick to comment on this. Always quiet when something bad happens, any hint of discrimination and they're up in arms :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭RoboRat

I'm not surprised really. When my wife was in having our first a certain minority were in the same ward, they proceeded to kick the swiss ball around the ward, eventually landing on an Indian woman's crib.

I lost the plot and there was nearly a fight... they're brave lads in numbers. They were booted out and the nurses told me to file a complaint as they were sick and tired of having to deal with their sh1t.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭Beano

discus wrote: »
    A stiff sentence would be a decent deterrent.

unfortunately i dont think it would.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Sonderkommando

I wonder who pavee point and Martin Collins will blame for this!

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Gordon Minard

I don't want to sound racist and I can definitely tell you that I am not racist - I lived abroad for nearly ten years and know that with only 4 million people we can't really afford to be racist :-)

When it comes to the travellers though I am afraid that it is as if that you open your mouth about travellers, here in Ireland, you are branded racist.

That poor woman that was killed on the N7 last night - it was travellers driving the car that Gardaí were trying to apprehend!

The town of Rathkeale in Limerick is a case in point - look at the money that's arriving into that town! Good down there on Xmas morning and your jaw will drop!

What don't CAB take these guys one side, value their assets and ask them to show how they earned this money?

In the same breath, I have to say that what that undertaker did, out in Ashbourne last week, in refusing to accept the body of that 14-Year child was absolutely abhorrent. I also feel that the shooting of the Traveller by that farmer in Mayo was criminal . . .

However, the travellers, in general, do themselves no favours and, in a lot of cases, have only their fellow travelling community members to thank for the backlash they receive . . .

Give them their own A&E and leave them kill each other in it . . .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

I wonder who pavee point and Martin Collins will blame for this!

The oppression of settled people? Travellers. Its the 99% that give the 1% a bad name.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Gordon Minard

Another thing - regarding the name "Pavee Point" . . I am pretty sure that if we ( the settled community ) called a Traveller a "Pavee" there would be uproar?

Is this a case of Coloured people being the only ones allowed to use the word ******? I am saying this in jest, I have loads of coloured friends - I am a member of a Gospel Church and we have great fun slagging each other . . . Great people . . .

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Yep, the thread went as expected.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement