Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Datatag, Smartwater, Alpha Dot in Ireland

Options
  • 24-10-2014 12:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18,874 ✭✭✭✭

Is there any point in getting security marking in Ireland. My last bike came with Datatag and I know Carol Nash give Smartwater with policies. But have the Gardai access to the database if they find broken bikes when they catch the scumbags?

I've an alarm/immobiliser and good chains but think that a bit more passive security won't go astray and as it's always on the bike there's no chance I can head off without it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16 davidrees1916

I’m curious about this too.

i bought a UK import Triumph that is Datatag(ged). Can I register it in Ireland and if so will

my insurance company give me money off retrospectively?

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭tikkamark

I hate to drag a topic out of the past but does anyone know if datatag works in the Republic of Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭dubal2008

Yes you can re register it with Datatag in the UK, i did it 3 years ago and they wanted certain information, simply email them...

registration@datatag.co.uk

Advertisement