Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The burning thigh thread

Options
  • 23-10-2014 10:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭

Having enjoyed the 'dead of night calf cramps' thread so much, thought I'd ask this one....

I've been getting searing pains in the back/inside of my thigh, about four inches above knee level, over the last couple of weeks. The only thing I've done different is get back to running...but neither running nor rest seems to irritate or reduce the pains. They feel like acid inside the leg, really 'burny', and last from 10 seconds to about a minute. Stretching, walking don't have any effect, but digging the fingers into the back of the leg helps a bit. There's no 'tight muscle' feeling - just the burn. You can feel them coming on, for about a minute. When they're gone, they're gone...for an hour or two.

Familiar to anyone?

No medical advice please! Am seeing physio Tuesday, but if anyone has similar experience, and a handy stretch, it'd be nice to hear!

Thanks, folks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭brownian

Thought I'd better close this off - all the traffic on this thread was driving up boards.ie's network costs something fierce.

This unpleasant habit of my leg's went away as mysteriously as it arrived - maybe due to some self-massage of a v.tight quad and IT band.

Saw the physio the other day; she thinks it might be tight hams plus some nerve impingement from the back/top of the right pelvis...but TBH I think she was at a bit of a loss, esp. as the issue had gone away.

Conclusion - not a common running condition, no common response/treatment/cure.

That's all on this one, folks.

Advertisement