Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSRA & Commercial letting

Options
  • 23-10-2014 7:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭

I'm a small commercial tenant renting a 2 room office and have been told that we have to fill out this form to register the rental.

There are looking for really detailed information but I cant see where they are entitled to seek this level of detail from reading THE PROPERTY SERVICES (REGULATION) ACT 2011

Has anyone else completed this and are they entitled to such sensitive commercial information as details of my rent amount and conditions etc

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭wowy

Griffinx wrote: »
    I'm a small commercial tenant renting a 2 room office and have been told that we have to fill out this form to register the rental.

There are looking for really detailed information but I cant see where they are entitled to seek this level of detail from reading THE PROPERTY SERVICES (REGULATION) ACT 2011

Has anyone else completed this and are they entitled to such sensitive commercial information as details of my rent amount and conditions etc

All new commercial leases are to be registered with the PRSA and it's the obligation of the tenant (usually their solicitor - I presume you represented yourself in this case?) to return the PRSA form, usually fairly promptly after lease commencement.

The headline lease terms (property address, property type, headline rent, lease duration) will be freely available to the public on the PRSA database, but more specific info (such as square footage, break clauses, rent-free periods, etc) isn't freely available, must be purchased (and AFAIK but could be wrong, only bodies registered with the PRSA can purchase?). Details of the landlord and tenant are not available, either freely or to purchase.

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭Griffinx

wowy wrote: »
    All new commercial leases are to be registered with the PRSA and it's the obligation of the tenant (usually their solicitor - I presume you represented yourself in this case?) to return the PRSA form, usually fairly promptly after lease commencement.

The headline lease terms (property address, property type, headline rent, lease duration) will be freely available to the public on the PRSA database, but more specific info (such as square footage, break clauses, rent-free periods, etc) isn't freely available, must be purchased (and AFAIK but could be wrong, only bodies registered with the PRSA can purchase?). Details of the landlord and tenant are not available, either freely or to purchase.

Thanks for the info.

So I legally have to tell them what I'm paying in rent?... couldn't see that in the act.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 altsvet

Hi there, how did you get on with registering your tenancy? I have to do this myself now :S

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭Griffinx

I registered but didn't fill out a lot of the invasive questions... never heard back from them

Advertisement