Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Golf MK4: Noise from back wheel at slow speeds

Options
  • 23-10-2014 6:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

Hope this is alright to post,

Noticed a noise coming from rear passenger side of the car (Golf Mk4) this evening coming home from work just want to get a second opinion before I take it to a garage.

By sounds of it its from the rear passenger side wheel as you only hear it when the cars moving. Now you cant hear it when the car is going relatively slow, like when your setting off. And same when your going at a higher speed like on a duel carriageway.

Its when im doing around 40-60kmph that you hear it. Its almost like a very dull sounding click but you can hear it when you gradually slow down.

My only thought would be a stone maybe stuck on the break pad but im just guessing here so any info would be appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭Waterson

Maybe a tack stuck in the tyre

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭Waterson

I would have said a wheel bearing at that speed but it doesnt really fit the noise you are hearing. bearings when they first start failing give a dull rhythmic hum at around 50-80 kph

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭crowther15

Cheers for input guys,

I thought it was a nail or a tack to begin with aswell and checked the tyres but nothing...

But it is a dull sort rhythmic sound that comes out of it yea I think I just worded it very badly! Ha the noise gets faster as I go faster then disappears after I get to 80-100kph.

Guess a trip to mechanics then the weekend 😣

Thanks again!

Advertisement