Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCD v Trinity?

Options
  • 23-10-2014 6:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

not trying to start a bloodbath, just wondering whether one is really better than the other or does it just depend on what you want out of college?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 628 ✭✭✭Chance The Fapper

Depends on what you're looking for

I know someone who decided on Trinity as it was only one bus from home vs two to UCD.

It probably depends on what you want out of college.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Barely There

Trinners is for Winners.

What are you OP, a Winner or a Loser?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

I had Trinity above UCD on my CAO because it was closer to home and I wanted to be around the city centre. I ended up getting DCU which was my next choice and even even closer to home. I think it actually worked out better for me simply because I wouldn't have enjoyed neither TCD nor UCD's common entry to science programmes and DCU had direct entry into the science course I wanted.

What courses are you looking at? Go through the course structure, the modules, the choices you get. Where do you want to be, TCD or UCD? Where are your friends going? Ask yourself those questions and decide for yourself. No one can tell you whether one is better than the other.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 pigsinablanket

Another thing to look at is if you want the experience to be laid back or studious to an extent.
    I know from being in UCD that in general its quite a laid back sort of college, no one really gives 2 ****s about other people.
    From friends I've heard Trinity can be slightly more on the judgemental side as quite a lot of 'posh' people go there (more D4 in trinity than in UCD, which I still find odd)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭d1234

Any opinions guys on which college is better for law & business? Thanks :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭Raspberry Fileds

Another thing to look at is if you want the experience to be laid back or studious to an extent.
    I know from being in UCD that in general its quite a laid back sort of college, no one really gives 2 ****s about other people.
    From friends I've heard Trinity can be slightly more on the judgemental side as quite a lot of 'posh' people go there (more D4 in trinity than in UCD, which I still find odd)

The big "D4" schools like Rock, Holy Child, Mount Anvile all send more to UCD than Trinity. In my experience, UCD is definitely worse for that.

At undergrad, there is minimal difference in academics between the two (with some exceptions: I'd rather do TSM than Arts, for instance). Visit both, and whichever grabs you is the one you should go to! :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,140 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Asked and answered.
    Thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement