Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Ford: Help identifying a location for a part

Options
  • 23-10-2014 6:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭

I have a Mark 3 Ford Galaxy, 2007 here, similar to the S-Max and 07-11 Mondeo.

It has a strange arrangement on the power steering system. Basically there is a hose which loops around at the back of the engine.

[IMG][/img]15318769298_53cf4349d1_c.jpgCameraZOOM-20141011162340887 by b318isp, on Flickr

I've no idea what it is there for - but more importantly, I don't know where it should go.

It is currently cable tied out of the way. If allowed to fall into its natural position it sits as shown and hits off the EGR and aircon pipework. There is no obvious bracket or location to support it from. However, there is a rubber bush where it once was clamped. The stud on the left doesn't line up, unless there was some extension there...

Has anyone any ideas on where this should go?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Any ford service department will identify that for you.

Advertisement