Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with Messaging Symbol on Samsung Galaxy i9000

Options
  • 23-10-2014 12:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭

Yesterday I was forwarded a text message from a friend, when it came through it "bing binged" as normal and I could see it scrolling across the top of my screen (I have it set that way).

On the messaging Icon it showed a "1" (as picture) so when I went into messaging to look at it the message does not display, its not there, however I am left with this "1" icon on my cover screen.

Anyhelp with how to get rid of it would be much appreciated, I've taken out the Sim card, restarted the phone but no joy.

mJ2KCu8.png

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

When you say it's not there would you have filtered messages in some way ?
    Would it be listed at the end of the lsit or somewhere in teh conversation ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

can you not pull down the notification bar and see what it is? would it be a hangouts chat?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Ste- wrote: »
    When you say it's not there would you have filtered messages in some way ?
    Would it be listed at the end of the lsit or somewhere in teh conversation ?

No filtering, hadn't touched the settings at all

It was the first message I ever received from them.

Just scrolled down the list in Messages and cannot see any highlighted :(
    daytob wrote: »
    can you not pull down the notification bar and see what it is? would it be a hangouts chat?

I could pull down the notifcation bar and when I tried to open the message from there it directed me to send the message saying "cannot find recipient" or words to that effect. I managed to get rid of the text from the notification bar by going into settings and force closing messages but the feckin' "1" is still showing up as per picture :(

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Quote:
    Originally Posted by daytob viewpost.gif
    I could pull down the notifcation bar and when I tried to open the message from there it directed me to send the message saying "cannot find recipient" or words to that effect. I managed to get rid of the text from the notification bar by going into settings and force closing messages but the feckin' "1" is still showing up as per picture frown.png

Message still appearing across the header, here is a picture of what comes up when I go to open the message........

izS6b9l.png

Any help appreciated as it's doing my head in.

It's obviously something down in the brains of the phone but where?

Advertisement