Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Advice on this spec of tablet please

• 23-10-2014 10:49am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭

The following is the details of a tablet I was going to get for my 5 year old who just plays simple games on mine.

I am tech-dyslexic and have no idea what the following info means and would appreciate if you could give me advice.

Thank you

Dual Core Processor
    Android 4.2 Jelly Bean
    4GB Memory
    Multi Touch Capacitive Touch Screen
    Resolution 800 x 480
    Processor Allwinner A23 Cortex A7
    512MB Ram
    Processor Speed 1.5GHZ
    Front Facing Camera
    Full HD 1080p
    Integrated Speaker
    Micro/SD Slots
    Google Play
    Accessories:CD Rom, USB Cable, Charger, Cleaning Cloth

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Anne Other wrote: »
    The following is the details of a tablet I was going to get for my 5 year old who just plays simple games on mine.

I am tech-dyslexic and have no idea what the following info means and would appreciate if you could give me advice.

Thank you

Dual Core Processor
    Android 4.2 Jelly Bean
    4GB Memory
    Multi Touch Capacitive Touch Screen
    Resolution 800 x 480
    Processor Allwinner A23 Cortex A7
    512MB Ram
    Processor Speed 1.5GHZ
    Front Facing Camera
    Full HD 1080p
    Integrated Speaker
    Micro/SD Slots
    Google Play
    Accessories:CD Rom, USB Cable, Charger, Cleaning Cloth
    It's rubbish tbh. That would run ridiculously slow I imagine. Android needs at least 1GB of RAM to run smoothly.
    4GB storage is also very little, I could see that being an issue as apps are getting larger in size by the day

Nick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭Anne Other

thank you

Advertisement