Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

New charge points at Blanchardstown SC.

Options
  • 23-10-2014 10:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭

There are 3 new electric car parking spaces with a rapid charger and 2 fast chargers. Just beside TGI Fridays. Hopefully this means finding a parking space around Christmas time will be easier.
    Are there consequences for non electric cars who use them? Just curious.

Comments

gabsdot40 wrote: »
    Are there consequences for non electric cars who use them? Just curious.

Probably not, it will be up to whoever is responsible for the car park to enforce any parking rules.

If it's a private car park I'm sure they can clamp if they want, that wouldn't be long about getting the message across to ice owners.

Likewise the maximum stay at a fast charger should only be 30 mins, I can really see people going in doing shopping and coming back 2 hrs later so this should be strictly enforced. They can easily check when the car is charged.

Nothing I would hate more such as travelling from my house to Blanch and someone at the charger that's charged and I can't plug in, especially if the person is local enough that would be really unfair, just getting free electricity for the sake of it.

I could see the blanch centre charger being very busy, they really need more than one charger in locations like this.

I could see the majority of people only needing 5-10 mins top up on fast chargers anyway, the idea is to use them to get to your destination, not for free electricity. Sooner they start charging the better. Especially if it's more expensive than night rate people won;t be as willing to tie up precious fast chargers.

Advertisement