Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would it influence your attitude towards somebody in real life if they were a member.

Options
  • 23-10-2014 10:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭

let's say you met somebody 3 months ago and are getting on fine with them.
    Then you find out that they are a member of some online social club.
    Now, this club is popular in its own right, but you don't like this club at all.
    Does it influence your attitude towards this person? Will you challenge them about it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭c_man

Depends if they're a member of the good NAMBLA or the bad NAMBLA.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

If you like a lotta chocolate on yer biscuit join the club. (just don't talk about it)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭Summer wind

Why not just ask them why they are a member?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Tilly

Obviously it depends on the club. If it's a peado club.....

What is this club?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Tilly wrote: »
    Obviously it depends on the club. If it's a peado club.....

What is this club?

Rephrase Tilly... It looks like you're asking for the name of a paedo club! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,176 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Wouldn't the oil-stained denim cutoff and the backpatch give you a hint? Umm, what kind of club are we talking about anyway??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭dinorebel

What have you got against the GAA?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,277 ✭✭✭DamagedTrax

its grindr isnt it? ... its always grindr :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

By "club" you mean cult, right?

gugleguy wrote: »
    Then you find out that they are a member of some online social club. Now, this club is popular in its own right, but you don't like this club at all. Does it influence your attitude towards this person? Will you challenge them about it?

Happens all the time and I do not judge them for it. The most obvious club - replete with club houses - is the church. I would not judge them for being a member of that club.

More so - I would judge them by how they bring their membership of that club into the rest of their life when they are _not_ in attendance in their club houses. If it affects the rest of their life - or more specifically my relationship with them and my time with them - not one iota - then I cast no judgements. Nor can I think of a reason why I would or should.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

gugleguy wrote: »
    let's say you met somebody 3 months ago and are getting on fine with them.
    Then you find out that they are a member of some online social club.
    Now, this club is popular in its own right, but you don't like this club at all.
    Does it influence your attitude towards this person? Will you challenge them about it?

Mod Note: No, no, hang on a sec there pal. We're not having that. Name the club or you're banned for life

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭gugleguy

dinorebel wrote: »
    What have you got against the GAA?

Where dya want me t' start

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭gugleguy

strobe wrote: »
    Mod Note: No, no, hang on a sec there pal. We're not having that. Name the club or you're banned for life
    Calm down. Watch the Micheal Jackson song
    no one cares a bit about us.

Advertisement