Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 queries !

Options
  • 23-10-2014 8:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭

1 I have bhs and Allianz ins for young lad. On reading the bhs policy I note this condition on the policy: what does this mean? Is it a waste of time having 2 policies if bhs will not pay out if I have same risk covered twice ?
    Paste : This is a policy of last resort, that is to say that if at the time of any claim under this insurance there is any other valid and collectible insurance available to the Insured or any other Insured party, other than insurance that is specifically stated to be in excess of this Policy and names the Insured for the insurance, then the Insurance by this Policy will be in excess of and will not contribute with such other insurance.

2. Our horse is perfect other than when on the road he can get v nervous with large trucks passing. A girl had been taking him out on the road and trying to relax him when this happens ... I wasn't aware of this till today as I was away.
    I am concerned that if this girl had an accident on the road , would she be covered hence reading the small print on the policy and this query
    Thks

Paddy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭ailbheg

2. Our horse is perfect other than when on the road he can get v nervous with large trucks passing. A girl had been taking him out on the road and trying to relax him when this happens ... I wasn't aware of this till today as I was away.
    I am concerned that if this girl had an accident on the road , would she be covered hence reading the small print on the policy and this query
    Thks

Paddy

Can't help on point 1 I'm afraid.

What level of insurance do you have with Allianz? You will need to check with them whether she is covered by your policy.
    As far as I can remember, on certain policies, if someone is riding your horse, with your permission, then they are covered, but I would not assume this, I would check the wording of the policy and contact Allianz for confirmation if it's not clearly defined.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,549 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

Just wondering, do you really need to have the same risk covered twice?
    I would imagine that BHS won't pay if the risk is covered by someone else. If they can avoid losing money, then that's what they're going to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭Ah_Yeah

If you are covered for Public Liability and Personal Accident. with Allianz then there's no need to have BHS.

Anyone riding someone else's horse should have their own insurance - they need to have Public Liability for roadwork and ideally personal accident. This is not covered under your insurance. Anytime I have loaned other horses I have had to cover myself for Public Liability and Personal Accident.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭2012paddy2012

sup_dude wrote: »
    Just wondering, do you really need to have the same risk covered twice?
    I would imagine that BHS won't pay if the risk is covered by someone else. If they can avoid losing money, then that's what they're going to do.

I think yr right

Advertisement