Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

forgot to sign a cheque

Options
  • 22-10-2014 7:18pm
    #1
    Registered Users Posts: 40


    I received a cheque on Friday and lodged it into my bank ac, thing is I forgot to sign it. I am just wondering if it will be sent back? The cheque was from Aib lodged into BOI.


Comments

  • Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots


    You mean you forgot to sign the back? If it was made out to you going into your own account then you don't need to sign it. If it was made out to you and going into a joint account then you may need to sign it if it was crossed 'account payee only'. What day did you lodge it?


  • Registered Users Posts: 40 kate357


    Toots wrote: »
    You mean you forgot to sign the back? If it was made out to you going into your own account then you don't need to sign it. If it was made out to you and going into a joint account then you may need to sign it if it was crossed 'account payee only'. What day did you lodge it?

    I lodged it on Friday Morning. It's just my own account.


  • Registered Users Posts: 25,445 ✭✭✭✭coylemj


    kate357 wrote: »
    I lodged it on Friday Morning. It's just my own account.

    If the cheque was payable to you, there shouldn't be a problem. Worst case is that they send it to back to you - are you worried it will go back to the person who wrote the cheque? Doesn't sound like the kind of thing that would keep me awake at night.


  • Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots


    kate357 wrote: »
    I lodged it on Friday Morning. It's just my own account.

    It should be fine. If you check on your online banking and make sure it hasn't been debited back out then it's grand. If there was a problem with it, it would have been caught by now.


  • Registered Users Posts: 40 kate357


    Toots wrote: »
    It should be fine. If you check on your online banking and make sure it hasn't been debited back out then it's grand. If there was a problem with it, it would have been caught by now.

    Thanks


  • Advertisement
Advertisement