Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommendation for a barber in Dublin

Options
  • 22-10-2014 2:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hello. I'm living here in Dublin for a year and a half, and I've been doing my haircuts usually at Grafton Barber. They have decent employees and I can say that I was getting good value for money (paying 9 Euro as a student). I was doing slicked back undercut for a couple of months and now I wanna change my hairstyle to sort of modern pompadour, so I wanna go to a place where I will surely get quality one. I've seen good reviews for Sam's Barber and Waldorf Barbershop, but as I am student they are a bit overpriced of me.

Furthermore, I've done a bit of a research and I saw some good comments for Barber's Room, Woxx Barbers and Bedford Stuy Barbers. Therefore, I would be very grateful if there is anyone that actually had his haircut there and wants to share his experience; so that I can choose among these.

Thanks.

P.S. I'm not native English speaker (what's probably obvious) so sorry for eventual mistakes.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

Grafton barbers on mayor street, grafton street and Sutton cross

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭justback83

The Grooming Rooms. Might be more expensive but best haircut I've ever had!

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭Fiolina

If you're willing to travel, Mark's barbers in Harmonstown is very good and has won awards. It's right beside the DART station, about 15 minutes from city centre.

http://marksbarbers.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Sams on Lower Ormond Quay. http://samsbarbers.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

I've no idea what a pompadour cut is but I'd imagine Bedford Stuy or Butcher barber would be the places for these 'trendy' cuts.

I don't think they offer a student discount (Certainly not to Grafton barber level) but something like the below:

Butcher barber - €28
    Bedford Stuy - €22

My personal fave is the barber rooms but I think the other two would be more suited to what you're looking for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

If you want a pomp then the Waldorf Barbershop is the place to go. No harm in asking if they ever require models for student barbers to practice with. You might get discounted cuts.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 oxandrolone

Ok, so I went to the Barber's Room near Trinity College and I can confirm that it was huge mistake. Basically, I've entered the owner just said "hi" and continued his work, I sat down and was waiting like 10 minutes for the someone to ask me even what I am doing there. Got a haircut by some obviously eastern european girl with really bad English accent. Showed the picture of the haircut from my cellphone and at the end it wasn't even close. I wasn't cutting my hair on the top for a few months and it was perfect for this hairstyle, basically what she was required to do is to cut the sides and do some minor adjustments on the top. What she actually did was cutting the sides and the hair on the top by at least 30%. So she wasted like my complete previous month of waiting for hair to grow. Besides that, it took her like one hour for something that could be done in 20 minutes. Also, people are talking about great service, that employees are talkative and kind, and I got nothing of that. They even didn't asked me do I want coffee or tea or anything; and girl said like 3 sentences in complete hour.

In total, very very very bad experience, that besides everything cost me 18 Euro.

Don't go there!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭designbydan

Next time go to the Waldorf as already mentioned, Or to the Green Rooster, which is on fleet street and I believe the sister shop of the Waldorf,

I get my hair cut there and its a great shop, & great staff.

Advertisement