Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reproduction baanknotes

Options
  • 22-10-2014 10:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭

Anybody know where I can get a set of reproduction pre decimal Irish banknotes? like the ones that were popular in pubs a few years ago. I have seen one or two around but they are all over printed with "specimen", I want them for a great couple who run an exchange office in Skopje.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

They appear on eBay regularly. Generally antique/curio shops sell them too.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,515 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

I read the thread title in a Cavan man accent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭Donkey Oaty

Baanknotes = Ewe-ro?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,234 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Psh, baanknotes are for sheeple.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

I know a load that has a load of them buried out the back of his farm.

He eh...... found them.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Egginacup

digger58 wrote: »
    Anybody know where I can get a set of reproduction pre decimal Irish banknotes? like the ones that were popular in pubs a few years ago. I have seen one or two around but they are all over printed with "specimen", I want them for a great couple who run an exchange office in Skopje.

There's a bloke in St George's Arcade in Dublin who sells old coins and notes. I've picked up old pennies and half-crowns and stuff like that from the 19th century. I was never much interested in notes but I'm sure he would have some obsolete Irish or British bank notes. There must be some coin sellers in Limerick who might have the notes you're looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭digger58

I see now...... my lap top has a habit of typing double letters, I'm sure they used to be everywhere but seem to have declined in popularity. Thanks for the suggestions.

Advertisement