Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Want to quit new job - no contract signed....

Options
  • 22-10-2014 10:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Started a new job about a month ago....this week lv decided l can't work there anymore...the manager is an absolute bitch.

Find her v difficult to work with, she has no patience, expects me to be in 2 places at once etc. Even the new chef threatened to walk out last weekend because of her, she has a bad record when it comes to new employees. I too also threatened to walk out, and she turned around and told me to walk away. Im going through bit of a tough time atm so l can't be putting up with this and dread going there because l dont know what kind of mood she'll be in.

The thing is l want tomorrow to be my last day, l havent told me boss yet what happened (on monday) as l havent seen her, but lv arranged to meet her tomorrow.

l havent been offered a contract yet and l have told the boss before l find it difficult to work with the manager but lm trying my v best. (l am a v hard worker!). My boss is a lovely woman and ld hate to let her in a dilema of not having someone to cover me when l leave. How much notice should l give? (l know its v lil atm) but does it really matter cause l don't have a contract ? Any other advice or tips? l plan on telling the boss to look back on cctv aswell if she wants, to see how the manager spoke and swore at me....so pissed off lv been treated this way :mad: shes been so unprofessional

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

Has your boss spoken with the manager?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

Lux23 wrote: »
    Has your boss spoken with the manager?

l know she spoke to her about the chef, cause the manager went to the boss....tbh the boss adores the manager, shes been there 8 years and shes good at her job, just treats the staff like morons. The managers job is safe, shes not going anywhere...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭sunshine and showers

You have no contract - it's not good form, but you can just "walk". I'd let your boss know, calmly and concisely, the reasons you are leaving. Don't bring other people into it - that's their business. Also don't expect a reference!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Within 13 weeks there is no notice period, I would explain and walk out.

You have no contract - it's not good form, but you can just "walk". I'd let your boss know, calmly and concisely, the reasons you are leaving. Don't bring other people into it - that's their business. Also don't expect a reference!

dont worry wont be asking for one, ld have to ask the manager :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

I was in a similar boat in transport. The manager was nasty. Despite coming to an agreement with a mediator she still broke it so I just walked out. First time I ever so her speechless.

had a word with the boss, she was so lovely to me...has given me different hours to her (very little now tho) but said l can stay working til l find another job and she will give me a reference, so grateful.

Advertisement