Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galaxy S5 Slow On Wifi Only!

Options
  • 21-10-2014 9:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭

My Samsung galaxy S5 has had slow connection the last week on internet but only for Wifi. News apps/Facebook/Twitter and the other apps using the internet are just slow but when i switch to 4G data its very quick. I do not think this is an problem with internet here as all my other devices (laptop/work smartphone/nexus 7) all run fast as normal on the Wifi (UPC Broadband). I must also mention it is similarly slow on Wifi in work which is very good and stable and work devices running with no issues.

Anyone noticed this before and perhaps got a solution?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭swampy353

chris85 wrote: »
    My Samsung galaxy S5 has had slow connection the last week on internet but only for Wifi. News apps/Facebook/Twitter and the other apps using the internet are just slow but when i switch to 4G data its very quick. I do not think this is an problem with internet here as all my other devices (laptop/work smartphone/nexus 7) all run fast as normal on the Wifi (UPC Broadband). I must also mention it is similarly slow on Wifi in work which is very good and stable and work devices running with no issues.

Anyone noticed this before and perhaps got a solution?

Is your bluetooth switched on? If it is switch it off and try it again (download the speddtest app for a definitive answer)
    Have this issue with a Sony z1

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

Ok I turned off bluetooth and still would not work well and actually stopped connecting at all to my home wifi. But I restarted phone and connected no issue and speeds are comparable for speed test between laptop and phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,449 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Something similar happened to my Nexus 4 for a while. It turned out that the Location Settings were hogging the majority of the wifi connection. I used to turn off location settings and the wifi speed would be fine.
    Strangely the problem seems to have gone away in the last while.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

Heroditas wrote: »
    Something similar happened to my Nexus 4 for a while. It turned out that the Location Settings were hogging the majority of the wifi connection. I used to turn off location settings and the wifi speed would be fine.
    Strangely the problem seems to have gone away in the last while.

Very strange that is. Would think they would work no problem together.

Advertisement