Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Windows 8 Tablets

Options
  • 21-10-2014 1:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭

Anybody try out one of these Chinese tablets. They are basically the same spec as the Windows 8 8" tablets that Dell, Toshiba and Lenovo have been making. Due to a push by wintel to make tablets cheaper, these are being sold in china for $120.

Spec wise you can get something similar to the Dell venue 8 pro for $160, while the cheaper models have 1gb of ram and 16gb of storage. I think they could be a bit of a squeeze, but for 90 quid its pretty darn good, and a better spec that almost any android tablet. I have the dell venue 8 pro, and while the app situation is poor, its unparallell for web browsing on a tablet. A lot of these have HDMI out as well so they could be used as a HTPC.

My only concern is the general quality. I have had a few dodgy chinese devices that were buggy and just unreliable. Then again I have had a few brilliant ones, so I'd reserve judgement. I'm half tempted to get one as a HTPC tbh. Anybody else try out one ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Nothing but good reviews online as far as i can see.

Was thinking about a Tablet for my parents, think this might be worth a go. They are comfortable with windows so no need to change

Advertisement