Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wii Softmod - USB Loader won't read hard drive

Options
  • 21-10-2014 12:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,569 ✭✭✭

Hi lads,

I modded my Wii over the weekend using the instruction video from Youtube found here:

I followed every instruction to the letter and downloaded the WADS file from The Games Shed website.

I formatted my hard drive thru WBFS manager and loaded my roms on to the drive.

However when I connect to the Wii and run USB Loader GX it stalls on "Initialize USB device" for a couple of minutes then it loads with an error message "USB device not found".

It's a Freecom 250gb network drive. I've found Freecom drives on the compatible drives lists on other sites and there was no problem formatting the drive in WBFS manager... I'm at a loss here!

Anyone any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭gouche

Make sure you plug it into the proper USB port.
    It should be in the one closest to the edge - if you have the Wii lying flat it's the bottom one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,569 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

gouche wrote: »
    Make sure you plug it into the proper USB port.
    It should be in the one closest to the edge - if you have the Wii lying flat it's the bottom one.

Yeah I did it that way. Tried the other one too just in case... no joy!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

2ndcoming wrote: »
    Yeah I did it that way. Tried the other one too just in case... no joy!

Not all Hard drive are compatible. (Well it used to be that way) I haven't used a wii in years. Have you a usb stick 4GB or lager and try with that as they all work. One or two game will fit and that will let you know if the mod you done works.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,569 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

That's a great idea, thanks

Advertisement