Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Statutory Register of Building Surveyors

Options
  • 21-10-2014 1:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭

Hi I am just wondering if anyone could give me a bit of advice who went through this process. I am thinking of applying to the SCSI to be put on the Statutory Register of Building Surveyors.

I have 12 years experience in the building industry in planning and engineering but when the recession took hold I returned to University in England and obtained my Masters in Building Surveying. While I received my Masters early last year it wont be nearing the two year since I received it till next year.

The act states that you cannot use the title "Building Surveyor" unless your on the register. An application requires you to show 2 years appropriate experience from the time you obtain your qualification of performing duties commensurate with those of a Building Surveyor to get on the register. The SCSI require details to show duties commensurate with those of a "Building Surveyor" even though your not on the register?

I am wondering what detail others Surveyors have submitted when making a successful application and what they highlighted in there submission?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Advertisement