Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Indicating in the car park

Options
  • 20-10-2014 10:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭

Hi,

When doing the driving test in Tallaght, is it necessary to indicate in the car park? I'm not talking about the exit of the car park, but the inside the actual car park itself when you pull out of the car park space, turn left and then turn right for the exit.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭evlgmaojr27ypu

When I did my test in Finglas a while back I was told to indicate in the car park as well

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭greenflash

You don't need to indicate in a car park but it doesn't do any harm. It's good to be in the habit of always indicating whenever you pull out, turn, use a roundabout, change lane, pass a cyclist, overtake a car etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Yes. You indicate when ever you are turning, right or left, even if you are just coming to the end of a driveway, or a row of parked cars in a car park. You don't just indicate when you are on actual roads.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭I can't tell you why

Do indicate out of your parking space.
    Don't indicate left for the bend.
    Do indicate right towards the exit.
    Do indicate left or right for coming out.

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Craftylee

As the guys said above - yes indicate before you pull out. It sets a good example for the examiner straight away and you won't get a orange mark for not indicating :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭I can't tell you why

Craftylee wrote: »
    As the guys said above - yes indicate before you pull out. It sets a good example for the examiner straight away and you won't get a orange mark for not indicating :)

There are no orange marks in the driving test. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Craftylee

There are no orange marks in the driving test. :confused:

Apologies - a blue mark

Advertisement