Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Raw 20/10/14 *Spoilers*

Options
  • 20-10-2014 9:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 85,125 ✭✭✭✭

Tonight's edition of WWE Raw will broadcast live from the Spring centre in Kansas City in what will be the stop before Sunday's Hell in a Cell pay-per-view.
    Advertised for tonight Hulk Hogan returns and John Cena & Dean Ambrose vs. The Authority.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,815 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So how long until Hogan gets to saying 9.99?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

CastorTroy wrote: »
    So how long until Hogan gets to saying 9.99?

Right after he talks about launching the WWE Universe in the Silverdome brother

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

$9.99 says Hogan screws up when he gets his hands on a microphone.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    $9.99 says Hogan screws up when he gets his hands on a microphone.

Calls RAW IMPACT WRESTLING :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Seen this on Twitter.

B0bZp0CIAAAHToM.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,105 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Randy is wearing pants for once.

Reeling from Sheamus doing the job

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

will. Bigshow. cry?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Strongbow10

Ambrose is so much better than this rubbish, crowd are dead

What a bizarre segment.

Edit: Mick!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

When did Foley get in the HOF?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

Woah! unexpected. poor man can barely walk now

King: "Cheap pop."

Yes King, we get the joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭paconnors

i'd say foley is gonna nut rollins

• Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭the incredible pudding

Pretty great main event, very fun.
    Ending segment was pretty rushed but certainly interesting in terms of potential turns in the future.

Not a bad Raw at all. They made me interested in Hell in the Cell.

Community Games Cena
    8fuQDut.gif

BIl1WWB.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 36,083 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Cena/Brock 4 coming?

fúck sake.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,418 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Cena/Brock or Orton/Brock? Don't know why they announced that stip, combined with the fact a Rollins/Orton has already started, it's pretty clear Cena is winning.

Fingers crossed though that Ambrose might interject himself into a Cena/Lesnar rematch....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Seems more like Orton is winning to me.

RKO'd Heyman, got the win in the tag match.

And I much prefer seeing Orton v Lesnar then Cena vs Lesnar and Orton getting a shot makes more sense to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Deadlie

Moneymaker wrote: »

And I much prefer seeing Orton v Lesnar then Cena vs Lesnar and Orton getting a shot makes more sense to me.

I'd imagine they're just cashing in on the RKO Meme than anything else. He hit three during Raw two were 'outta nowhere'. I liked that he was standing tall though, it at least created uncertainty of the results on Sunday. Casual fans would have loved it too.

Overall I really enjoyed that Raw. Especially after Randy falls back on the upright table legs and screams F*CK right into the camera. King covers it with 'And Randy said he had ENOUGH!'.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,418 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Deadlie wrote: »
    I liked that he was standing tall though, it at least created uncertainty of the results on Sunday.

With the greatest of respect, b***s***! :P
    WWE Booking 101: Whoever is losing on the PPV ends the Raw before looking strong to create "uncertainty". But the fact Rollins and Randy were the two left standing over their opponents only cemented the fact (in my mind) that they are losing.

I don't think we're getting Orton vs Brock; it would be idiotic to turn Brock face, and Randy really offers nothing as a face either. I think the crowd would be so bored of the match tbh, and there'd be zero tension whatsoever. Meanwhile, a loss would do nothing for Randy and a win would be a massive mistake since he's not the person who should get the rub of beating Brock.

My biggest hope is that Cena wins, Ambrose beats Rollins and then decides to keep up his story with Cena and get himself into the match. Brock can beat Ambrose to keep Cena going ok, but Ambrose could gain massive credibility by being in a match with the duo, AND it actually provides a fresh spin on Cena vs Brock while at the same time letting them try and wrap up their feud.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Mentioning Brock beat Rock to become Champion all those years ago was interesting. Rock must be pencilled in for Mania this year.

Orton getting positioned in a face role with the Heyman RKO and Rollins attacking him opens up lots of options, match with Brock, matches with Rollins or even the three who must be returning at HIAC. If they let him be a cocky, strike anything that moves face it would be a good change for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Managed to get the results of this on the Irish Independent website bizarrely enough. Must be a new thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,125 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I agree Lesnar Vs. Orton is fresh and new and a better option than Cena Vs. Lesnar again

• Registered Users Posts: 28,815 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Was in shock watching that. King of all people made a continuity reference. He mentioned Kane demonstrating his Anger Management, over 3 months after that storyline.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

not to shocked. Dunno the NFL rating but it was 2 jobber teams so not sure if that can be used to much.
    The 10/20 episode of Raw did 3,695,000 viewers, down from last week’s 3,797,000 viewers. That is the second lowest number of 2014.

=======

The May 26 episode is the current lowest with 3,602,000 which ended with a contract signing and brawl between Evolution and Shield. This was the go home show for WWE Payback, headlined by Evolution v. Shield.

Time to pull the finger out:

XDed60O.png

• Advertisement
Advertisement