Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

NCT on car declared off-the-oad

Options
  • 20-10-2014 9:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭

My second car is declared off-the-road by me and currently has no insurance on her unless I transfer mine for a brief period of time (ins co. only allows this once).
    Well tax is up this month so it's dated from when that tax is up and declared off road for one year.

Now, NCT is due in February but I don't know if I'll do that yet. Say I don't and opt to sell the car next April for example; I know the tax won't be back-dated but what happens the date of the NCT - does that get back-dated to Febuary regardless of when it's done, even when car is declared off-the-road?

tl:dr - Car declared off-the-road. Does NCT get back-dated when car sold with no valid NCT to the month it was due to be done?

Many Thanks,
    kerry4sam

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Madman2

Have the same issue here as well, from what i have found out it seems to be from when it was due to get tested

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Declaring off road has nothing to do with NCT or no NCT.

If NCT was due last Feb and you done now you would only get till Feb.

If you NCT feb or inside 3 months before its due you will get just over a year if still in NCT.

Advertisement