Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What ever happened to EDEN Temple Bar ?

Options
  • 20-10-2014 7:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,806 ✭✭✭✭

http://www.yelp.ie/biz/eden-restaurant-temple-bar-dublin

When myself and my now wife - first start going out to restaurants in Dublin - we found EDEN - we must have gone there with all our friends and family at some stage.

It was a class place - if a bit pricey.

I could never turn down the Smokies and the steak and chips were class.

There was always something reassuring about seeing the food being cooked - this was a sort of new idea at the time.

Great memories.

I remember they had an amazing pastry chef too.

At one stage went back - felt the celtic tiger made it lazy ?

Anyway - any memories - what did you make of it and what happened ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,754 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Moved to Dublin City from F&D.

tHB

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

It's used for after parties the odd time after nightclubs shut, been there once before.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,806 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

It's used for after parties the odd time after nightclubs shut, been there once before.

Yes ?

Is there drink - music etc.

I guess it is a private party.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

It's still around OP....kind of...

http://www.edenrestaurant.ie/

It just moved to the other side of Dame St, to South William St.

One of the owners of the old Eden is still involved with the new one. When people ask if they are connected, they call themselves a "sister restaurant" to the old one in Temple Bar. I think the problems with the Temple Bar Eden were related to the premises itself (too high rents or something like that) rather than the business not being able to turn a profit.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,908 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

It changed its name to "Nede" (Eden backwards) at one stage there recently, to much fanfare and articles in the paper and whatnot.

Nothing came of it. Still empty.

It's a pity, because it was one of the few restaurants in Dublin where you could eat outside and watch the goings on in the square.

• Advertisement

It changed its name to "Nede" (Eden backwards) at one stage there recently, to much fanfare and articles in the paper and whatnot.

Nothing came of it. Still empty.

It's a pity, because it was one of the few restaurants in Dublin where you could eat outside and watch the goings on in the square.

I loved it.

The menu never seemed to change but - I must have gone over 20 times.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Yes ?

Is there drink - music etc.

I guess it is a private party.

Drink, DJ's, etc...

Not private as such, need to be invited to it via Facebook. Haven't heard from it in a few months.

Drink, DJ's, etc...

Not private as such, need to be invited to it via Facebook. Haven't heard from it in a few months.

The mystery deepens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

They have a restaurant in Bellinter house in Meath still don't they?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    They have a restaurant in Bellinter house in Meath still don't they?

Yes, not been to it though. Used to work in the one in Temple Bar many moons ago. Good times were had and it got me addicted to bernaise sauce and skinny chips.
    Used to love it when they had the movies on in the square and you could sit outside and watch it.

Mince Pie wrote: »
    Yes, not been to it though. Used to work in the one in Temple Bar many moons ago. Good times were had and it got me addicted to bernaise sauce and skinny chips.
    Used to love it when they had the movies on in the square and you could sit outside and watch it.

What was your man like to work for.

Yes - was a great dish - basic - but they seemed to have great chefs there ?

Advertisement