Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Spare Key Ford focus

Options
  • 20-10-2014 5:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭

Hi I bought a Ford focus with one Key.

Where is the best place (Cheapest!) to get a spare Key ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭Waterson

What year and model is the Ford Focus? Your local shoesmith/key cutter might be a cheap option. A MK 1 and some Mk 2 Focus' virginised key, i.e. a key with no preset programming, can be paired to the car via a sequence of turning key in the ignition a certain number of times, which will put the car into a programming mode (as signified by a beep tone from dash). IIRC then holding down one of the remote buttons will program the key.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭StoptheClocks

Waterson wrote: »
    What year and model is the Ford Focus? Your local shoesmith/key cutter might be a cheap option. A MK 1 and some Mk 2 Focus' virginised key, i.e. a key with no preset programming, can be paired to the car via a sequence of turning key in the ignition a certain number of times, which will put the car into a programming mode (as signified by a beep tone from dash). IIRC then holding down one of the remote buttons will program the key.

Hi waterson

I didn't buy the car in the end. I found out it had been crashed.

Thanks anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭Scrappychimow

Hi I bought a Ford focus with one Key.

Where is the best place (Cheapest!) to get a spare Key ?

For future reference i recommend Autokey.ie in Dublin.

Advertisement