Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pay and display parking on campus

Options
  • 20-10-2014 5:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭

I got a leaflet from the college saying that the campus parking controls (ie clamping) werent being enforced after 5 pm but the pay and display units and signs say that parking needs to be paid for until 6.

Anyone know which it is? Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭solomafioso

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Most of the signs for permit parking say 5 or 5.30 as far as I can remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭Call me Al

The car park I use says 6pm and charges accordingly.

I received a reply and apparently this P&D is managed by SPCM and not Maynooth University.

So despite coming through the main gates on the South Campus and seeing Maynooth university in big letters in front of you you're not on their turf so to speak, and you are on St Patrick Colleges grounds.
    As such they can charge how and what they want.

Which kind of makes the leaflet distribution at the swimming lessons redundant as most people with children participating don't walk down from the North campus.

Advertisement