Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Rimac Concept One

Options
  • 20-10-2014 4:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭

I know the price tag is around 1 million dollars at the moment, and it's basically a concept car, but shouldn't this give Musk's Tesla a bit of a push to innovate quicker?

Goes to show what can be achieved with an electric car (within our lifetime).

Power: 800 kW / 1088 hp
    0-100km/h: 2.8 sec
    Top speed over 190mph
    Range of 375miles on one hour charge

4 motors (one for each wheel)

Can adjust driving style to oversteer or neutral or understeer.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Sabre Man

I have never heard of this company before but the car looks great if ever so slightly outside my price range.
    It's good to see another company making electric cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭wtawfick

Sabre Man wrote: »
    I have never heard of this company before but the car looks great if ever so slightly outside my price range.
    It's good to see another company making electric cars.

I'd never heard of them either, until I ran into the link.
    They seem to have started by working out of their garage. Again, Croatia isn't quite renowned for their auto industry.

It's a great effort though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭reboot

wtawfick wrote: »
    I know the price tag is around 1 million dollars at the moment, and it's basically a concept car, but shouldn't this give Musk's Tesla a bit of a push to innovate quicker?

Goes to show what can be achieved with an electric car (within our lifetime).

Power: 800 kW / 1088 hp
    0-100km/h: 2.8 sec
    Top speed over 190mph
    Range of 375miles on one hour charge

4 motors (one for each wheel)

Can adjust driving style to oversteer or neutral or understeer.

I wonder how much it weighs,? I believe the Tesla is 2 ton. Motors in each wheel cause serious braking ware in some EVs.

Advertisement