Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Duel system with back boiler

Options
  • 20-10-2014 2:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭

Hi guys so a buddy of mine was down the other night and talked about the system,can you guys please take a look and see what yous think,I didnt put placement of non return valve,as i know none should go on back boiler circuit,Also i would like to have it gravity but it would mean ripping up tiles and wooden floor.Any advise guys would be great

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭scudo2

It's not you would "LIKE" to have gravity.
    You "HAVE TO" have gravity.
    If not you can't do it.

I've been involved with two exploding back boilers. In one an elder person lost a leg.
    Second house lost a gable end.
    Both houses destroyed.
    Get the picture Seamus ?

( Not my work, I might add ! )

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭seamus1980

scudo2 wrote: »
    It's not you would "LIKE" to have gravity.
    You "HAVE TO" have gravity.
    If not you can't do it.

I've been involved with two exploding back boilers. In one an elder person lost a leg.
    Second house lost a gable end.
    Both houses destroyed.
    Get the picture Seamus ?

( Not my work, I might add ! )

Ok thanks mate never thought it would end up being that serious,what happened power loss or pump failure?i seen several houses that the flow and return were ran up the side of the wall,So nothing else for it return to be ran ground level.As for the diagram scudo2 - the return how does it look to you.Non return on boiler flow?Thanks again

What part of 4 pipes off back boiler do you not get !!
    Houses with pipes up the wall had hotpress upstairs I bet.
    You don't use two cold feeds and two expansions/vents.!!

Get a better buddy.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,739 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

I said it already last week. You don't have a clue mate. Get a proper plumber in

So why is it so necessary to use 4 pipes of the back of the boiler.I seen my old boss just using single flow and return from the back boiler,see the house is totally finished and the less digging up i have to do the better.So if i ran 1 flow and 1 return under the floor and bring it up into my hotpress.Would that not work out??Thanks

• Advertisement

seamus1980 wrote: »
    So why is it so necessary to use 4 pipes of the back of the boiler.I seen my old boss just using single flow and return from the back boiler,see the house is totally finished and the less digging up i have to do the better.So if i ran 1 flow and 1 return under the floor and bring it up into my hotpress.Would that not work out??Thanks

2 pipes will work fine Seamus. But they MUST rise from the boiler to the cylinder with no valves, pumps, non return valves. The less elbows the better also. Try use bends instead.

Injection T system if done that way by somebody who knows what their doing.

Sorry Seamus & buddy,
    But Dpt1979 is correct.

Do it right or don't do it at all.

The scary part is that your a plumber looking for guidance off complete strangers with funny names via a text forum !!!

Luckly we know what were doing, but you could just as easily been given dangerous advice.

LISTEN TO US.

If I need somebody better suited to do a job than me, then I've no problem getting them.

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    2 pipes will work fine Seamus. But they MUST rise from the boiler to the cylinder with no valves, pumps, non return valves. The less elbows the better also. Try use bends instead.

Yea that is the way i was goin to do it mate,I have a 1 inch benders,been reading through my collage books and alot is coming back to me now

Yea that is the way i was goin to do it mate,I have a 1 inch benders,been reading through my collage books and alot is coming back to me now

Keep us informed by sketches if you like and we'll try and guide you.

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    Keep us informed by sketches if you like and we'll try and guide you.

Cheers for that m8

• Advertisement
Advertisement