Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Turntable Wanted.

• 20-10-2014 1:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭

Anyone selling a turntable in reasonable condition ? Everywhere I look there are plastic ones with USB leads ! Have about 200 - 250 to spend for something decent. I only need to play 33rpm discs.

Cartridge not necessary as I have a nice Ortofon to install already.

Thanks

Ken

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭andy1249

Have you looked at the project decks from richer sounds ?

Have one myself, fully featured weighted and balanced tone arm with orthogonal cartridge , nice weight to the base, no gimmicky USB circuitry, just a pure deck, and well within your budget!

http://www.richersounds.com/product/turntables/project/essential-2/proj-essential-2-blk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Slaphead07

ZENER wrote: »
    Anyone selling a turntable in reasonable condition ? Everywhere I look there are plastic ones with USB leads ! Have about 200 - 250 to spend for something decent. I only need to play 33rpm discs.

Cartridge not necessary as I have a nice Ortofon to install already.

Thanks

Ken

I'd agree on the Project range for that budget. A little closer to home is the hi fi Hut near Parkwest. Good blokes.
    http://www.hifihut.ie/turntables-ireland.html?dir=asc&order=price&p=4

enjoy the vinyl chief. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

Thanks Slappy :) I was in Cork for the weekend and found a couple of old Leonard Cohen albums in a shop called Records & Relics, which I duly purchased. Found a decent hi-fi store on Plunkett Street which had a nice Rega Planar TT on show and came over all nostalgic, alas that nostalgia couldn't quite stretch to the 720 euro price tag attached to it !!

I have a turntable already though but it's not the best. MP3s etc just seem to be boring me lately and CDs are just too 'convenient' ? Not sure if you get that sometimes ?

Anyway I'll call in to those chaps soon, I think I might deserve a wee present when/if I pass my exam on Thursday ;)

Thanks for the heads up mate.

Ken

There's nothing like music from vinyl. It's the difference between a real fire and a radiator... the heat may measure the same but the warmth is completely different. Lots of good second hand stuff around too.

Good luck with the exam Zen, no bother to ye!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

There's a guy called Kris.g on adverts that I bought my project off and he's a really good guy to deal with. I think he buys refurbished Turntables or something and fixes them up. The one I bought off him cost me 225 but is excellent..check out the current lot he has for sale.

http://www.adverts.ie/search/user-573456/status_active/type_all

• Advertisement

Oi zener! We expect an update!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

None to speak of yet. Really busy studying for exams but feel a nice xmas present is due for all this hard work ;) If you know anyone selling one let me know ?

Ken

will do.

Advertisement