Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stud Farm Employment

Options
  • 20-10-2014 1:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I am returning to Ireland/England and have worked for 25 years on thoroughbred farms in Canada. I have experience in breeding, foaling, stallion management and sales preparation.I am not looking to manage or run a farm but to work with in a team as a farm hand for the betterment of the stud. Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

david4syth wrote: »
    I am returning to Ireland/England and have worked for 25 years on thoroughbred farms in Canada. I have experience in breeding, foaling, stallion management and sales preparation. I am experienced and am not looking to manage a stud farm but to fit in with a team working for the betterment of the stud.

Plenty of stud farms in Kildare and its environs. Shoot off your CV to them.

http://www.directoryoftheturf.com/search_results.cfm/searchcategory/Stud%20Farms/searchcounty/Co%20Kildare

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,338 Mod ✭✭✭✭convert

There are usually lots of ads in the Irish Field 'classified' section looking for people to work on stud farms. Most require experience, so you should be well positioned. Word of mouth is also a good way to get a job, so if you know anyone who's currently working in a yard/stud farm, I'd recommend you get in touch with them and see if they know of anything going.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 david4syth

Thank you for your suggestions I have emailed from the list in the directory and at the moment have an ad in the Irish Field.

Advertisement