Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE needs some new stuff

Options
  • 19-10-2014 10:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭

RTE needs to put on better content imo and perhaps some that I have never been shown on irish show.

My pick would to bring on some Anime like attack on titan or death note. These aren't like pokemon or yu gi oh as these are really mature animes.
    I think anime should be pushed on irish screens instead of this fair city crap show people good quality stuff. Japan's animes have a variety of genres and age groups with unique storytelling.

Oh perhaps they could work with an anime studio in Japan to make an anime version of Love/hate or something like that.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 113 ✭✭BrokenHero

They need a new RTE website / player for a start.

I can never watch live streaming without getting so frustrated that giving my laptop a good kicking seems like a good idea.

I'd feel so bloody ripped off if I had a TV licence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭solomafioso

RTE is for aul wans, aul lads, woolie jumpers and those who think that the sun shines out of Love / Hate's ar*e.

I don't think anime is the "target audience". Channel 4 used to show the likes of Battle Angel and Cyber Punk-ey stuff at midnight years ago (10+).

If you want anime, I'd highly suggest signing up to Crunchyroll.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

RTE needs to put on better content imo and perhaps some that I have never been shown on irish show.

My pick would to bring on some Anime like attack on titan or death note. These aren't like pokemon or yu gi oh as these are really mature animes.
    I think anime should be pushed on irish screens instead of this fair city crap show people good quality stuff. Japan's animes have a variety of genres and age groups with unique storytelling.

Oh perhaps they could work with an anime studio in Japan to make an anime version of Love/hate or something like that.

No.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,411 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Is Anime like Postman Pat?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Not a hope of Anime ever getting their primetime spot.

Doesn't matter if it's "mature" or not, the majority of people who watch RTÉ (older people) and see an anime will just think children's cartoon and turn it off!

Their app needs Chromecast support too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭CathalRyano

Just because you enjoy anime doesn't mean the general population of Ireland will take to it. Adult anime is a fairly niche thing in Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭KeithM89

They should do an Irish version of The Crystal Maze.

Film it out in Mosney maybe....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

RTE new platters. The caviar they serve out there in the canteen that all our licence fees are paying for is at the moment being served on standard IKEA plates.

I can't believe Tubbs and Brian Dobson are forced to eat off such common crockery.

It's disgraceful. They need, nay, they deserve silver platters.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭tom_tarbucket

what the feck are you on about !

KeithM89 wrote: »
    They should do an Irish version of The Crystal Maze.

Film it out in Mosney maybe....

Wasn't there something like this before? The term "iota" (instead of the crystals) is coming to mind from a Cork lady...or maybe a Kerry accent. *maudlin stare*

EDIT: Ah yeah, Echo Island: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Echo_Island

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

i.e Cartoon boobs and rape by mutated cephalopods. I know your game, mister.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 700 ✭✭✭mikeyjames9

They need to change that Angelus tune
    I'm sick of it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,747 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

They could really do with a crime drama. Sunday night is a good slot for such a show

Could you imagine a presenter going "And now...watch out for those tentacles...it's Urotsukoji"

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Vivienne23

I tried to tell people about the 'iota's a while back but couldn't piece the tv prog together , great to hear it wasn't a figment of my imagination :) thank you for brightening up the dreaded Sunday hours for me !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,740 ✭✭✭the evasion_kid

They should do an Irish takeshis castle......in mosney

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

They need more original dramas like love/hate, but better quality than that. But even love/hate has clearly taken huge inspiration and ideas from shows like The Wire and Sopranos. Dunno why I'm even posting ITT, I don't watch RTE lol, I hate RTE

• Registered Users Posts: 40,928 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Last Friday Ryan Tubridy interviewed Gay Byrne. We've never seen him on the late show before.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 13,333 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

i.e Cartoon boobs and rape by mutated cephalopods. I know your game, mister.

Oh, Senpai, Noooo!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭Kevin McCloud

I'm sick of it

What do you suggest?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,556 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

What do you suggest?

The sound when Link opens a treasure chest in Zelda.

I'm sick of it

They should get the lad that did Maniac 2000 to do a remix of it.

That'd be well proper good bruv.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭wendell borton

An Irish battle royale would be great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Adamantium

What do you suggest?

RTE: After Dark. An isolated Bryan Dobson must survive being chased (ala Ellen Ripley) through the halls by a dagger wielding Bosco.

Don Conroy plays a strong supporting role.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Irelandcool

Could do an irish version of Doctor Who with Joe Duffy being the main character at first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Iranoutofideas

A traveller version of Big Brother - 8 weeks in a caravan outside Montrose.

A traveller version of Big Brother - 8 weeks in a caravan outside Montrose.

That's where Twink lives.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,578 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

I agree that RTE needs some new original shows (and good ones, no more fecking Love is the drug!) but there really isn't the budget for it and they won't bother making a new show while Love/Hate is on.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Irelandcool

could get a contract to show live Celtic championship wrestling or irish whip wrestling.

How about something along the lines of Fair City except it place in places like Dingle, kilkenny, or some queer place in the Gaeltacht and get Sean Connery to play the role of an irish person (I know his scottish but still it be really funn)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,233 ✭✭✭ceegee

Wasn't there something like this before? The term "iota" (instead of the crystals) is coming to mind from a Cork lady...or maybe a Kerry accent. *maudlin stare*

EDIT: Ah yeah, Echo Island: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Echo_Island

That was The Works you're thinking of, with the insufferable Mary Kingston.
    "Are ya laughin?"

God I hated her on tv

Advertisement