Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Father Gay Rosebotham

Options
  • 19-10-2014 2:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,616 ✭✭✭✭

You couldn't make this sh1t up, yet more scandal coming out of the Church. At least this time no children were hurt and we can all have a good laugh at them because this sh1t is funny.

Father Gay Rosebotham, a priest serving in Donegal but originally from Ballina lived with a Fransiscan monk and the two of them engaged in a gay relationship. During this time they bought a house so they could live together, all the while Father Gay is saying mass and serving the Church doctrine. Years later they split up and a legal dispute begins over the house which was settled last Friday with the judge awarding the priest 27% of the value of the house and the now former monk getting the remaining 73%.

Now Father Gay Rosebottom has taken time out "to reflect on his life" and the Bishop is "shocked" and doing his best to pretend he knew nothing about this until it all came out in court last Friday. Well done lads

http://www.thejournal.ie/priest-who-won-property-case-taking-time-off-1732981-Oct2014/
    THE PRIEST WHO on Friday won a property dispute with his former Franciscan friar boyfriend is “reflecting on his life”, a bishop has told his diocese.
    Father Gabriel Rosbotham was awarded a 27% share in Rose Cottage in the Bluestack Mountains on Friday, telling reporters on Friday “I am who I am”.
    Today, in a letter to the Diocese of Killala and the parishes of Ballina and Crossmolina, where Father Rosbotham had served, Bishop John Fleming said the case came as “a complete shock” to him.
    “This news has caused deep distress and I want you to know that all of you are in my thoughts and prayers at this very difficult time.
    “For the past seventeen years Father Gabriel has ministered in this diocese, in your parishes, and he has received great appreciation for his pastoral care, his ability to relate to the young, his effectiveness as a preacher and, in particular, for his singing at Mass.
    Since the court case ended I have met with Father Gabriel and he has decided to take some time to himself, away from the diocese, to reflect on his life, on the commitments he made and on his ministry, as well as to think about the future. I know that you will join with me in praying for him, as he seeks God’s guidance for the way forward.
    Fleming went on to say that he was aware of the shock felt in the community, but urged people to support Rosbotham.
    “I am deeply aware of the sadness of very many people in this community, as well as the great shock felt by so many at the revelations made during the court case. I am offering this Mass for all of you and for all those hurt, distressed or disillusioned by what has happened.
    “The Church and, in particular, the Christian community of which each of us is a member, is the place where we are joined to Christ, our Lord, and where we support one another in good times and in bad. It is also the place where we find forgiveness, hope, encouragement and healing. I hope and pray during these coming weeks and months that the Lord will be with all of us to renew our own faith, and the faith and trust of this community.”

It was rightly pointed out in the comments on the Journal that the house is located in the Bluestack Mountains and that there is defintely a movie in there somewhere :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭kingchess

the name of the priest is oddly fitting imo in a strange sort of way

• Registered Users Posts: 10,237 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

kingchess wrote: »

Yes, Rosebottom has a ring to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,747 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

A domestic matter between two consenting adults. Leave them be

his name has been dragged down in to the sewer,he will have to turn the other cheek to the people giving out to him, but I am sure he will rise to meet it and push thru etc etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

A domestic matter between two consenting adults. Leave them be

Two consenting adults who are subscribed to an ideology that has been dogmatic in its harsh approach towards homosexuality.
    To suggest that people should not pry into the private lives of two peddlers of Christianity, is ultimately ironic given the church crowbarring it's way into the lives of others.

Two wrongs don't make a right, so they should be left alone. It's just another reminder as to how out of sync conservative religious doctrine is with modern society.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 665 ✭✭✭Aubrey loves Joe

2 priests 1 house

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

How do you know what his bottom smells like?

ahh shure they did not break any laws,except maybe canon law, I wonder if,when saying mass,did he ask/tell people to obey and follow church teachings??maybe he is a wee bit two-faced??

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Joe prim

In the good old days, anyone called Gaylord Rossybottom would have been given ten years hard labour just on general principles. But now, in our new , liberal, godless country, anything goes. I blame the Late Late show myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

ya literally couldnt make up a better name if ya were a comedian doing a script !

i thought it was a wind up the first few times i heard the story.

:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Buona Fortuna

2 priests 1 house

Needs a housekeeper

• Registered Users Posts: 10,237 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Needs a housekeeper

And another priest...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Ghekko

Muahahaha wrote: »
    You couldn't make this sh1t up, yet more scandal coming out of the Church. At least this time no children were hurt and we can all have a good laugh at them because this sh1t is funny.

Father Gay Rosebotham, a priest serving in Donegal but originally from Ballina lived with a Fransiscan monk and the two of them engaged in a gay relationship."

Now now, get the facts right - He is serving in Crossmolina, Co Mayo, not Donegal. The parishioners are shocked but don't want him to go. Says a lot for the thinking of Catholics old and young in the parish. They don't give a damn that he is gay and they don't care if he was shacked up with his lover. Should this go as far as the pope maybe he will make the decision to let priests have at it with whoever they want (as long as they are old enough). Could this finally be the turning point????? Maybe in another lifetime😒

Advertisement