Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Lexus service recommendations, Dublin

Options
  • 19-10-2014 12:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭

I have a 06 GS 450h and I would like to get it serviced. Anyone recommend a good garage in Dublin to get it serviced? I'm guessing main dealership is best due to complexity ?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,382 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Servicing isn't any more involving than on a normal car tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭tw0nk

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Servicing isn't any more involving than on a normal car tbh.

Its the checking of problems etc with all the electronics and battery on hybrid system that I'm concerned with. Want to make sure its all OK each service

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,268 ✭✭✭visual

tw0nk wrote: »
    Its the checking of problems etc with all the electronics and battery on hybrid system that I'm concerned with. Want to make sure its all OK each service

Best tell them thats your expectation when its getting engine oil and filter changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭corglass

Is the gs450h as quick as people say OP?

its v.fast alright, for such a big car its crazy, corners can come up quickly and are scary to go around :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Hachiko

nice car, not many in Ireland. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,261 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

corglass wrote: »
    Is the gs450h as quick as people say OP?

Yes, yes they are but it's still not a drivers car.
    Not a while pile of feel from the rear end which is not ideal given the power it has.
    The immediate surge of power from a standstill is amazing and it then sits on the sweet spot of the power band and just keeps on going.

mickdw wrote: »
    Yes, yes they are but it's still not a drivers car.
    This phrase is funny to me as it's often used on these forums and indeed many other...

I have owned and driven a good few others cars ranging from the humble Ford focus to the scary BMW 645i and Porsche 911. The latter 2 cars are widely accepted and described as being 'drivers cars' and on the track they are great fun and you really get a chance to use them as they were intended/designed for. For me probably 80-90% of what they were intended for as I am not a professionally trained driver.

Using the 645i or something less powerful like a BMW Z4 on public roads however is a far different experience. The term 'drivers car' to me takes on an entirely different meaning. Far from picking your line heading into the apex of a turn, braking hard gearing correctly, lifting off brake and accelerating whilst turning into the corner is driving down the M50 or one of the many national roads.

In reality, you end up sitting in traffic, your leg cramped up from clutching/un-clutching the heavy racing-intended clutch pedal as you curse the lack of automatic, or stuck behind 6 or 7 of the 80KM/h crew who love to clog up our roads with their 'I pay my taxes and have a right to drive at this safe speed' mantra.

To me, a drivers car is a car that makes you(the drive) smile every time you get into it and is as comfortable sitting in traffic as thundering down the painfully few sporadic miles of free road you get from time to time in this country. Those cars are a rare breed, they are few and far between, some are marginally better than others.

But after testing various 5 series (525i, 530d), E-class (270), A6 3.0 TDI quattro and a couple others, the GS 450h spanks the lot of them for both extreme comfort driving/cruising and hair-raising fear through the wicklow gap, some of the others may have the edge (barely) in specific circumstances and conditions, but the bull**** marketing of their brands does not make up for the real truth.

Having said all that, I would obviously take an M5, S8 any day of the week over the GS, but not the pretenders to their well earned thrown :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,261 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

But some of us live in remote west of ireland where a drive to the local shop or indeed to anywhere involves many miles of those specific circumstances where you like a bit of feel coming back through the chassis.
    True, a car should make you smile but again circumstances differ and tbh the only traffic jam Im likely to see daily are those caused by the odd tractor.

Advertisement