Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maria McCambridge article

Options
  • 18-10-2014 10:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,370 ✭✭✭

Thought this might be of interest to some:

http://www.irishmirror.ie/sport/other-sport/athletics/dublin-marathon-2014-defending-champion-4454538

Interesting, she discusses her new approach to DCM this year.
    "I just really enjoyed the summer, training was totally a step back from the roads and at the end of July, about 14 weeks ahead of Dublin, it clicked and I just said you know what, I'm ready to go back and I decided to do Dublin again and I've just taken a whole new approach to it."

After a summer of fast paced training, the determined athlete changed up her routine.

"I adapted great, because after working on the pace and the faster stuff, I kept my mileage high and kept the bulk of it there but then introduced longer sessions and a slower pace and it definitely came a lot better.

Comments

Advertisement