Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sunday

Options
  • 18-10-2014 10:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16,461 ✭✭✭✭

Here's a weird one, Cheltenham hero, Tammys Hill goes over hurdles in a very low grade handicap in the third race at Cork tomorrow. Not only that, but goes over a trip of only 2m3f. Rated 3 stone better than the rest of these over fences than hurdles, I would be surprised if it got beat tomorrow. Looks to me like the connections are trying to give this one a nice enough prep race for the steeplechase at Downroyal that takes place a few weeks later.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Peintre Celebre

Fancy Avenue Gabrial at Naas in the Listed race 6/1. She ran very well in the Guineas and the Pretty Polly is her only poor run. Favorite is short enough, not sure Dancing Matilda wants softer ground. Though Gabrial was more of a 7/2 shot

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭Pinesky

I'm intrigued by New Colours 5.15 Bath .
    Joint fav 11/2 with PP but 10/1 with the rest . Bred to act in soft it posted a fair run on soft behind one of Balding's who is running well off 10 lbs higher rating
    Had a sighter over hurdles a month ago must be a sporting ew at 10/1 .

• Registered Users Posts: 16,461 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Have also taken on Topper Thornton (13/2 BetVictor) in the bumper at Naas. Jockey made an absolute balls of it last time out at Downroyal riding the horse into some trouble and easing up while only a few lengths from the lead at the line. Hopefully he'll have learned his lesson from that day and will ensure that the horse has clean run at the close where it should have enough to power home.

Gary o Brien goes for Akito 5.05 Cork .
    The horse was beaten 24 L first time out by Forgotten Rules . The stewards were so impressed they banned the horse for 60 days and the jockey for 10days . Generally available at 7/1 from 12/1 when advised by GOB .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭sdoc13

Fancy Avenue Gabrial at Naas in the Listed race 6/1. She ran very well in the Guineas and the Pretty Polly is her only poor run. Favorite is short enough, not sure Dancing Matilda wants softer ground. Though Gabrial was more of a 7/2 shot

Great call PC. Had a very small nibble but it all helps.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Pinesky wrote: »
    Gary o Brien goes for Akito 5.05 Cork .
    The horse was beaten 24 L first time out by Forgotten Rules . The stewards were so impressed they banned the horse for 60 days and the jockey for 10days . Generally available at 7/1 from 12/1 when advised by GOB .

I'd always be a bit wary about backing a horse who's having its first run back after being done for not trying. Connections mightn't want to draw too much attention to themselves if it goes and wins easily ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭dicky dunne

See me here in the 5.05 - serious bumper form in it's only run, 3rd to a couple of multiple winners and a couple in behind him won too

• Registered Users Posts: 35,882 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Chicago ew 4.55
    Me like

• Registered Users Posts: 23,848 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

anything sticking out for woodbine tonite?

backed brown panther at 11/4 for the 8.32 race
    smaller on just the judge at 5/2 and casper netscher ew at 11/2 simply because it's a simcock runner

brown panther a non runner
    bolted, nightmare stuff

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Another solid run for Pierlow (a forum favourite), I'll be keeping tabs on him this season.

mailburner wrote: »
    anything sticking out for woodbine tonite?

backed brown panther at 11/4 for the 8.32 race
    smaller on just the judge at 5/2 and casper netscher ew at 11/2 simply because it's a simcock runner

simcock does it again, and spencer wins on just the judge :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

mailburner wrote: »
    simcock does it again, and spencer wins on just the judge :)

Seems you are not just an authority on MMA ;-)

I'll be keeping an eye out your posts in the future. Good shouts there.

What a good ride by Andrew Mullen on Caspar .

Advertisement