Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Winter Try a Tri events

Options
  • 18-10-2014 6:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭

I am wondering if there are any try a Tri sprints in the winter/early spring time. December January February or March?
    I'm looking to start proper training and I was hoping a target for these months would be suitable ?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭unichall

Not sure if there are any triathlons on throughout winter but there are always the duathlons to target. Not sure where you are based but Naas tri club run one a month Jan, Feb, Mar out of punchestown and they are very well organised.

There is another series on different weekend through the same months based in north county Dublin, Balbriggan or Naul I think. I think there is a race series in Limerick too but can't be sure, I've never been.

Off the top of my head the first trip of the year is Apr time, Nenagh and Port Laoise. I have found the duathlon series are really great ways to build your race fitness over the winter, because the course is always the same you also get to see how you are improving month on month.

Advertisement