Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Leixlip Beech Park Development

• 18-10-2014 6:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has any advice on buying one of the new homes in the Beech Park Development. Are there many amenities near by? Is the current Beech Park Development a nice settled area? Are there supermarkets, schools, pubs nearby?
    What is the traffic like leaving the estate in the mornings heading towards the M50 and returning in the evenings??

Any comments or advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭Cakes and Ale

It's right on the edge of Leixlip. It's about a half-hour walk from Beech Park to the town/village main street. Maybe 15 minutes walk to the train. There's a Spar/Pharmacy on the way in Easton, and Lidl is also within 15-20 minutes walk. So you're tied to your car in a way you wouldn't necessarily be if you were in some other estates. Traffic in morning shouldn't be an issue until you get on the M50 after which it should be a lot of fun :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Salmon Leap

Primary schools about 15mins walk along Easton Road/Green Lane. There is a creche at the entrance to the estate. 66x bus serves the estate entrance in morning & evening rush-hour. 66N at the weekends.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

66N doesn't go up that way. It has no bus service apart from a couple of 66X's in the morning and evening, which don't even stop outside the estate.

Beech Park to me is the same as building apartments in Drumshanbo. Shiny, new, but nothing around and planning permission should have been refused. You could buy in an older part of the town, the house wouldn't be as shiny, but you would have waaayyy more amenities, as Beech Park doesn't really have any at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭lilydonoghue

I rang about these and was told only one three bedroom is left and that is over 300,000 but a good few 4 beds. the woman didn't seem bothered whether or not I wanted to see them or even buy them. one thing I think this development has going for it is its close to the n4

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Salmon Leap

n97 mini wrote: »
    66N doesn't go up that way. It has no bus service apart from a couple of 66X's in the morning and evening, which don't even stop outside the estate.

Yes, the 66N does go up that way, I live on that road (not in Beech Park) and a friend who does live in the estate, uses the 66N at the weekend, AND gets the 66x outside the estate in the mornings. It also passes back up that way in the evenings.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 laurawonda

Thanks for all the info everyone, I think there are still a few 3 bed mid terrace left but all 3 bed semi d and 3 bed end of terrace are all gone. next phase launching around feb 2015 i think.
    seems like a lovely area though

• Registered Users Posts: 15 laurawonda

n97 mini wrote: »

Beech Park to me is the same as building apartments in Drumshanbo. Shiny, new, but nothing around and planning permission should have been refused. You could buy in an older part of the town, the house wouldn't be as shiny, but you would have waaayyy more amenities, as Beech Park doesn't really have any at all.

Have driven over myself and it seems to have a lot going for it. 10 min walk to local shop/pharmacy/atm
    There is a bus service and train station only 15-20 min walk away
    we both drive anyway so we very rarely use public transport
    schools are very close too
    just wish there was another supermarket but ya cant have everything

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Benjo187

Is there a management fee when living in houses? There is a fee for apartments but was wondering if same for houses? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭owenmul

Benjo187 wrote: »
    Is there a management fee when living in houses? There is a fee for apartments but was wondering if same for houses? Thanks

we moved into our house in February, we asked the estate agent about a management fee and they said there won't be a management agency involved. I think the council will be taking the estate in charge eventually.

just in case you're wondering, we really like it here.

Advertisement