Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bike hater, dumcondra

Options
  • 18-10-2014 6:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

this has happened twice, same street, SAME DUDE, and it couldn't just be me!

As I overtake traffic, getting close to the front (so possibly broken or possibly solid white lines, legal or not), he is driving towards me, swerves to close the gap and shouts ASSHOLE out his window in the most cliché way possible, in an american accent, and burns off.

middle aged male, mid 2000's renault saloon, beard.

anyone recognise any of this?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 lanarty56

BE NICE PLEASE

• Registered Users Posts: 20,178 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Yes, Renault Saloon Syndrome. He's dead inside maaan, he's gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭bladespin

wing mirror + motocross boot = good feelings

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

bladespin wrote: »

This.....but any boots will do, motocross just make it easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

lanarty56 wrote: »
    Somebody buy that man a pint. bloody bikers think they own the road.

We do own the road. .

Some car drivers are just dicks. End of.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭Nodster

Tzardine wrote: »

Some car drivers are just dicks. End of.

Hipster drivers are the worst :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

If I posted every time I met a d'head on the road I'd be banned for spamming the forum. Forget about him and get ready for the next a'hole .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Must try harder lol.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭Doom

If you're over a solid white line, you are in the wrong.
    traffic filtering is a legal move, so long as you follow the rules of the road.

• Advertisement

Doom wrote: »
    If you're over a solid white line, you are in the wrong.
    traffic filtering is a legal move, so long as you follow the rules of the road.

Doesn't give anyone the right to abuse you - ROR or otherwise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 lanarty56

Actually it does buddy.

Nope, I'm master and ruler I will decide who has whatever right. By driving a French cage this idiot has relinquished any right to consideration.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭Doom

I also drive a motorbike and if you think crossing a solid white line is ok...you and the car driver are no better than each other.

Doom wrote:
    I also drive a motorbike and if you think crossing a solid white line is ok...you and the car driver are no better than each other.

Not up to me to decide but as already stated above it's not up to yer man in the car either, hurling abuse at someone is not acceptable simples.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,222 ✭✭✭goodlad

Solid white, broken white.... who gives a rats ass as long as the maneuver is done safely.

I couldn't give a crap is someone does 200km down the M50 when its empty.
    But if someone is doing 200km and up other drivers ass to force them out of the way they are an asshole.

If a bike breaks a solid white line for example when moving past stationary traffic on his side of the road and there is nothing oncoming imo its fine as long as its done slowly and you have places to tuck back in when something is oncoming.

If the same move is done when there is traffic oncoming and he is forcing the oncoming cars to swerve an he is doing a stupid speed then there is a problem there.

Breaking the rules of the road doesn't instantly make biker or a car driver an asshole. Driving like an asshole makes someone an asshole.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

Get his number plate and report him to the Gardai. While I am happy to go get my pitchfork and suggest we burn all Renault owners in a big pyre, the best action will result from a member of the force showing up at his front door with a warning.

'cptr

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭unattendedbag

Can you not just use the bus lane that runs down through drumcondra?

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Mr Sheen!

Can you not just use the bus lane that runs down through drumcondra?

Dont tell him to use the Bus lane. . . . Last time he used a bus lane he had a thread on here going for weeks about " A bus driver tried to run me off the road" :D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 33 hurricanefloss

Aw man, it wasn't the abuse itself it was the delivery. main issue is he swerved at me, i wasn't driving at any speed if i was I would have crashed into someone.

I get the white lines issue, i dont care, nobody other than an absolute doornob would attempt this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭HamSambo

Ah he's only jealous because he's whipped by the missus and isnt allowed to ride a bike.
    All joking aside, he'd have a lot of trouble getting away from me if he swerved at me or threatened me like you're saying. Simply turn your bike, follow the c*nt and either
    (A) Take his number and description and report him to the local Gardai.
    or
    (B) Pull him out of the car and ram your boot down his neck

• Registered Users Posts: 2,569 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

HamSambo wrote: »

All joking aside, he'd have a lot of trouble getting away from me if he swerved at me or threatened me like you're saying. Simply turn your bike, follow the c*nt and either
    (A) Take his number and description and report him to the local Gardai.
    or
    (B) Pull him out of the car and ram your boot down his neck

I love this game! Can we get to Z? :pac:

(C) Wing his mirrors, shouting look at yourself, see what you've become! Ha Ha Ha, but you cant cause youve got no mirrors, twat

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Why not invest in a helmet cam or bike cam.

I had this happen over the years also had soe old yoke drive at me and hit my elbow with her wing mirror and I was not overtaking and was on my side but she obviously hated bikers.

Advertisement