Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Army deferal?

Options
  • 18-10-2014 4:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭

I am soon going to apply to the British army as an officer or soldier. However I am in University and I won't finish until August. If I do get past the main stages and I am offered to start training, does anyone know if I can defer until I finish Uni.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭5.11 Tactical

Ask the ACIO Staff if your applying in NI contact them in Palace Barracks they can advise you on this.

Generally it can take up to 9 months (in extreme cases) to get in from start to finish for an applicant from the ROI.

It took me when I was applying around 6.5 months.

I would advise to start the process in the new year, so it gives time for security vetting, pre recruits courses,adminstration, medicals etc etc

Again call them in Palace and they can advise you better and your options.

Edit : Saw your going for a commission again the above but it is a drawn out process to enter Sandhurst.

Advertisement