Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Petrol Prices

Options
  • 17-10-2014 10:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭

Ok folks Lets get those prices up, my latest petrol price was at Amber in Tipp town at 1.49.9... We have two Amber petrol stations in Tipp Town One when entering Tipp on the N24 and one leaving Tipp on the N24...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

1.48 at the Spar in Carrick today,long time since I seen it under the 1.50 mark.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭Mongfinder General

• Registered Users Posts: 14,451 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Not sure of prices but I find Amber and Apple Green at opposite ends of Clonmel are always fairly on-the-ball with their prices.

I think they're both at 149.9 at the mo.

EDIT: Went to Apple Green this morning and it was @150.9 - Satisfactory enough, but their in-store prices are extortionate!!

callaway92 wrote: »
    Not sure of prices but I find Amber and Apple Green at opposite ends of Clonmel are always fairly on-the-ball with their prices.

EDIT: Went to Apple Green this morning and it was @150.9 - Satisfactory enough, but their in-store prices are extortionate!!
    Agree about the in store prices at Apple,it's a rob.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭DaveJac

That new esso in tipp town is 148.9, i think petrol in clonmel seems very dear in most stations compared to other towns around

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,782 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Petrol stations make little to no margin on petrol, they make their money on the retail markups.

Loughc wrote: »
    Petrol stations make little to no margin on petrol, they make their money on the retail markups.

Yes, I know.

Topaz across from the railway 150.9...Texaco at Jacksons cross 153.9..

147.9 in the amber's and esso in tipp town now can't beat a bit of competition

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭blackbird99

hinchy's garryspillane, just over the border, 145.9 for petrol, 138.9 for diesel

• Advertisement

Pleasantly surprised to see the Esso (Cashel Rd.) in Cahir tonight is now 145.9 for Unleaded and I think 138.9 for Diesel.

Interesting that petrol stations waited till AFTER the bank holiday weekend to lower their prices :P Seem to be down everywhere generally.

Pleasantly surprised to see the Esso (Cashel Rd.) in Cahir tonight is now 145.9 for Unleaded and I think 138.9 for Diesel.

Interesting that petrol stations waited till AFTER the bank holiday weekend to lower their prices :P Seem to be down everywhere generally.
    €1.45 is very good,a good few in Clonmel still not under the €1.50 mark yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Meathlass

Clonmel - Waterford Road - Diesel

Amber - 136.9

Topaz - 140.9

Maxol - 142.9

There's less than 100m between these stations and yet people still go to Maxol to fill up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭JabbaTheHut

Topaz across from the railway 150.9...Texaco at Jacksons cross 153.9..

Iirc, the same people that run the Texaco at Jacksons cross, run the Davis rd Texaco also, and both must be the worst value for money in Clonmel.

Wow, I didn't get diesel for about a week, and never took any notice. No harm, as Cahir was never great value for money re fuel prices. Pretty well all the stations were the same price, possibly give or take 1 cent.

135.9 petrol and 129.9 diesel in the Esso in tipp town

Wow,didn't think it would go that low so quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭sticksman

DaveJac wrote: »

Checked pumps.ie and no sign of that. The cheapest in the country is 133.8

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭digzy

I've seen that place. Is it genuine? It's the dingiest esso I've ever seen.

It's predecessor was pure dodge. They take plastic to be fair but they're very cheap.

digzy wrote: »
    I've seen that place. Is it genuine? It's the dingiest esso I've ever seen.

It's predecessor was pure dodge. They take plastic to be fair but they're very cheap.

Same people own/running it anyway i herd last few times it was closed was due to not paying VAT they only took cash, seems a more genuine now with Esso, card machines ect, i got petrol there last weekend no problems anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭tipptom

Same people own/running it anyway i herd last few times it was closed was due to not paying VAT they only took cash, seems a more genuine now with Esso, card machines ect, i got petrol there last weekend no problems anyway
    Got diesel from it a few times and 129 is a seriously good price,must be cheapest in Ireland ,they surly could not promote themselves as Esso and all their signage if they were not could they?

• Advertisement

tipptom wrote: »
    Got diesel from it a few times and 129 is a seriously good price,must be cheapest in Ireland ,they surly could not promote themselves as Esso and all their signage if they were not could they?

If it's legit, fair enough

But if it's the washed stuff it'll mess up the injectors and cost a multiple of what you're saving

If it's legit, fair enough

But if it's the washed stuff it'll mess up the injectors and cost a multiple of what you're saving
    Never got fuelin it the last time they were open but now with the Esso signs and they take CC it somehow in my mind gives them some legitimacy,maybe im wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭cordangan

I chatted to the attendant at Esso limerick road Tipp town and asked would they still be there after Christmas and he said there were a lot of doubters. He has certification on the wall proving that it is Esso and they do take cards as reported and offer cash back also. 132 for diesel now. I suppose he would not say different. I travel about Ireland a good bit and there is no cheaper I know of. My normal fill is 62 euro and this is 58 so no messing with volume. Does anyone have a test for washing? There must be a test.

I have had to replace the injector pump on the car(€390 for a reconditioned one not incl labour) and two days later the injector pump has gone on the van(yet to be done),i get my diesel from them all in Tipp town so its no reflection on any of them but is this just coincidental bad luck or is there poor diesel out there?

I know this is pure gossip and have absolutely no proof but.....

I heard about one retailer-not saying where- that had a franchise and were selling fuel not from that franchise but were buying if from one of the local suppliers. They subsequently lost the franchise and are trading under a different franchise now.

I was talking to a lad in the car business who said they were all at it....

I'd imagine if yo pay for your fuel with a card, keep the receipts from a franchise is your only hope. Even at that.....

Revenue/customs should be following up on this throughout the country to protect th public.

I know this is pure gossip and have absolutely no proof but.....

I heard about one retailer-not saying where- that had a franchise and were selling fuel not from that franchise but were buying if from one of the local suppliers. They subsequently lost the franchise and are trading under a different franchise now.

I was talking to a lad in the car business who said they were all at it....

I'd imagine if yo pay for your fuel with a card, keep the receipts from a franchise is your only hope. Even at that.....

Revenue/customs should be following up on this throughout the country to protect th public.[/QUOTE]
    To busy with checkpoints out trying to gather up fines for lads with green daysul.

Advertisement