Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Terror plot suspects planned to kill police

Options
  • 17-10-2014 8:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭

Is it just me or does the whole thing seem very amateurish.
    Read this:http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-29662245
    Like they planned to buy a gun with a silencer and did hostile reconnaissance using Google street view. FFS amateurs. Lads will ye look at the Bishopsgate bombing or the Arndale bombing, Jesus Wept !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Sounds like something from Four Lions.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭MattD1349

Big it up mon! ****ing clowns!! Loved four Lions though.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭MattD1349

Big it up mon! ****ing clowns!! Loved four Lions though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭crockholm

Mo' Hammad

Mo' Problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭diarmuid05

Sounds made-up to me...
    I thought silencers were only in the movies and how do you use street view in a hostile fashion?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭6541

diarmuid05 wrote: »
    Sounds made-up to me...
    I thought silencers were only in the movies and how do you use street view in a hostile fashion?

maybe if you roar and shout at your viewing device, then it could be construed as hostile !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

diarmuid05 wrote: »
    Sounds made-up to me...

Ye zoom in really really fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭ireland.man

Reminds me of the story in which the FBI spends time grooming and encouraging a man to carry out a terrorist attack. They choose an easily manipulable person, in this case a teenager with intellectual disabilities, and then give him a target, fake weapons and pressure to carry out some silly plan. They then make a high profile arrest, the government looks good, the FBI gets credit and the individual is sent to prison for life.

This lad never left his mother's side normally, couldn't navigate to the city by himself, had no idea about politics, etc. He went to the local mosque and asked them there:

"He asked 'what (is) jihad?'" she told HRW. "We tried to explain there is no jihad here. I told him when you give money to the poor, this (is) jihad. When you stay with your mother and father who need you, this is jihad. And he was so convinced, he said, 'I'll stay with you mom.'"

http://www.businessinsider.com/adel-daoud-targeted-as-a-potential-terrorist-2014-7#ixzz3GRGZo5Tb

We'll have plenty more SKy News-esque arrests to secure promotions for high ranking intelligence workers no doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 redshandied

God-damn high ranking intelligence workers always wreckin' the buzz.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Pat Mustard

• Advertisement
Advertisement