Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Studying Business studies in college

Options
  • 17-10-2014 5:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Hi everybody, I want to study business next year in college. I've gone to a lot of open days and found the business talks very interesting! However I a bit confused and I was wonder if anyone that has studied business or is hoping to study business can give me a hand! I was wondering what the difference is in studying business studies over international business in terms of this course content, job prospects etc? Thanks to anyone who can help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

HannahLang wrote: »
    Hi everybody, I want to study business next year in college. I've gone to a lot of open days and found the business talks very interesting! However I a bit confused and I was wonder if anyone that has studied business or is hoping to study business can give me a hand! I was wondering what the difference is in studying business studies over international business in terms of this course content, job prospects etc? Thanks to anyone who can help

International business usually takes in a language and/or learning about foreign cultures and history coupled with a year abroad usually in 3rd year. All this of course is coupled with normal business content.

The difference it makes in terms of job prospects is debatable. If you're applying for a job in an MNC, a foreign language comes in handy but in general the difference is minimal to be honest.

Advertisement