Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FilmOn App Broken?

Options
  • 17-10-2014 4:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭

Hey folks,

Anyone else having trouble with the FilmOn apps on Android. I choose a channel, it tells me it's connecting and then there's just a spinner.

There seems to be a few different versions in the Play Store and I've tried a couple of them all with the same result on both tablet and phone.

FilmOn streams in XBMC are working fine.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Filmon app not working for me either, but works fine via the playto app.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,113 ✭✭✭homer911

I've had a lot of problems with it recently but it's working at the moment on Android

• Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Bluefrog

Still not for me - just getting the spinner on both tablet and phone - tried clearing data and cache with no luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,113 ✭✭✭homer911

Could your ISP be blocking it or some sort of filtering software?

I tried using Filmon while on Irish Rail recently and got the problem you experienced

Is filmon.com accessibe?

yes it's not the ISP I think - have tried Three and UPC. Mobile site works on both, xbmc does too but the app doesn't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Could it be an ad blocker issue?

Adblocker was a good theory which I hadn't thought of but no. I am running Adfree but even after uninstalling and rebooting, it's still borked. I even tried using it through Hola with a UK IP. I don't think it's an access issue as I can watch FilmOn streams in XBMC for Android - I assume they come from the same place.

Advertisement