Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car insurance WTF?

Options
  • 17-10-2014 2:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭

Hi all, I purchased car insurance in Sep, forwarded on my no claims bonus. My NCB was in my maiden name. Faxed copy of my marriage cert heard no more. Then got an email 10 days later saying they have not received it. Emailed again with scanned image of my cert, they haven't emailed back (auto response) I have now emailed 7 times and rang them over 20 times cannot get through. Then this morning received a letter by registered post saying my policy is going to be cancelled as they haven't received relevant document!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭percy212

Call them and email it the person you speak to while you are on the phone. If that doesn't work ask for an extension while you post a copy by registered mail with tracking.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Tell them that you are going to report them to the Data Protection commissioner for not keeping your data securely.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭mcw100

Thanks for replies, I cannot contact them at all that is the problem. All I can do is email them which sends you back an instant auto response message so I have no idea if anyone is actually reading them! Cannot get through by phone I have been trying for days...

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭MagicBusDriver1

Who are you insured with?

Who are you insured with?

Can I mention name on here?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭MagicBusDriver1

mcw100 wrote: »
    Can I mention name on here?

Not sure, PM?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

Sounds like nonsense to me!

Not sure, PM?

PM sent

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭Stoolbend

You can name them here. Someone may even have a direct email or phone number for them.

Hopefully someone will have a number for them.. 25plus.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,174 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

"Come along boys and listen to my tale,
    I'll tell you of my troubles on the old Chisholm trail. Yippy-ki-yi yippy-yippy-ay..." :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭Stoolbend

1890927334 is the number I have for them.

I was insured with them for a while a few years back and never had any trouble contacting them.

Just looked at their website there. They have an online chat function that you could try during the day. It's in the contact us section on the full site.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

I was insured with them before, and had to trouble contacting via phone, and I used the online chat facility before without issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭homingbird

Plenty more fish in the sea shop elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭vandriver

Exactly my experience when I went to renew in August.The live chat was never manned,and no one ever answered the phone.I moved to Britons.

Thanks so much for the helpful replies, as it stands I still have failed to contact them have exhausted every option email, phone, online chat nobody answers...

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Try getting a new quote from them monday. I usually get called within an hour from insurance companies when I get a quote online. Renewals are never the cheapest. If you can't get through, give them up as a lost cause. Ring 4 or 5 others. Use best quote against second quote (assuming levels of cover / benefits the same) and you'll pretty much guaranteed to save money.

:eek::eek::eek::eek: update I got through to online chat eventually.. posted my question then the person ended the session with no reply!

MarkR wrote: »
    Try getting a new quote from them monday. I usually get called within an hour from insurance companies when I get a quote online. Renewals are never the cheapest. If you can't get through, give them up as a lost cause. Ring 4 or 5 others. Use best quote against second quote (assuming levels of cover / benefits the same) and you'll pretty much guaranteed to save money.

I have already paid for my insurance in full

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Galadriel

mcw100 wrote: »
    I have already paid for my insurance in full

Actually what he is suggesting might work, do an online quote using a different email address and they might ring you a few hours later to follow up, slim shot but you have tried everything else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭aidanathome

I was with them earlier this year (have since moved for price reasons) and had trouble contacting them as well. Eventually I got one of them to ring me by sending e-mails and requesting it to support @ 25plus.ie. They got back to me within 24 hours...

Update, eventually got an email to say everything is in order

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭vandriver

A lot of people read this popular forum,and make purchasing decisions based on the information from other drivers on here.
    If I was 25plus,I'd be hiring a few more staff to answer the phones!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

Sorted now obviously, but next time you want to get through to an insurer and are having difficulty, try the claims line they can usually transfer the call

Spook_ie wrote: »
    Sorted now obviously, but next time you want to get through to an insurer and are having difficulty, try the claims line they can usually transfer the call

Should not be having these difficulties at all. Next time I will be going elsewhere.

Advertisement