Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is your limit to forgiving your partner?

Options
  • 17-10-2014 12:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭

Just read this article a few minutes ago:

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/sister-and-husband-stand-by-mother-who-avoids-jail-for-swindling-own-family-in-125k-fraud-30671291.html

Basically the woman stole from her families savings accounts, took out loans in her husband, sister and brothers name and eventually got caught.
    The sister and the husband are standing by her (I'm assuming because of the children) but it makes no mention of her other family members.
    If I had no children with the person and was in the above husbands position, my trust would be completely gone. I would probably end the relationship.
    So it got me thinking, how far would your forgiveness go to a loved one?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭The One Doctor

I wouldn't know until she tries something. Although I've done a lot of stupid things, i.e flooding the bathroom and hall when drunk, losing my job twice, causing a global armageddon etc. Each time she just laughed and gave me a hug.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭x43r0

I leave her off with a lot of farts without making any comment

But then I'm the forgiving type...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭caustic 1

See I would need to know what she wanted the money for. If it was for the latest Jimmy choos or Michael Kor, then nope wouldn't be up to forgiving, however if it were for the kids clothing shoes school fees paying mortgage etc then maybe in time I might forgive.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Crumbs in the bed maybe.

Advertisement