Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Flywheel/clutch for Ford Transit Connect

Options
  • 17-10-2014 10:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭

Hello,

Have a Ford Transit Connect 2006 T200. 85,000 km. Used for light loads, sporting goods, etc.

Had it serviced the other day, and it was generally fine. The guy said the clutch needed replacing in a month or two, and said it would cost with parts (clutch and flywheel) and labour for about 900 Euros. Seems a lot. Have been reading up on it and it seems the original dual mass flywheel needs replacing whenever the clutch is changed. Did some searching and I could get a dual mass to single mass flywheel conversion kit for much cheaper.

Anyone got any recommendations?

Cheers
    Pdoghue

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭porsche boy

dont bother doing the clutch without the flywheel. Dual mass to solid conversions can be hit and miss. Personally my car and s converted and runs fine. I've heard of others left with harsh gear changes and vibrations.

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭Pdoghue

Thanks Porsche boy.

Yea, the guy in the garage said the downside to the conversion might be stiff gear changes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭Tail Docker

Pdoghue wrote: »
    Thanks Porsche boy.

Yea, the guy in the garage said the downside to the conversion might be stiff gear changes.

Whenever one of our Transits needs a clutch/flywheel, we put in a solid conversion. Never even noticed a difference tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭Pdoghue

interesting. what is the cost roughly?

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭granadamad

Sorry to dig up an old thread but did you end up replacing the clutch? Your van should have a solid flywheel from new and not needed replacing I thought? So parts would only be about 2-300?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭George Dalton

granadamad wrote: »
    Sorry to dig up an old thread but did you end up replacing the clutch? Your van should have a solid flywheel from new and not needed replacing I thought? So parts would only be about 2-300?

Not necessarily. Depends on whether it is a TDCI or TDDI.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭granadamad

Not necessarily. Depends on whether it is a TDCI or TDDI.

that year though all t200s ie 75 or 90bhp were solid?only the early 90s i thought had duals?

Advertisement