Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheltenham

Options
  • 17-10-2014 8:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭

Going for a few long shots today

3.15 Milanbound 20/1
    3.15 destroyer deployed 33/1

5.35 citizenship 20/1

Outside of those I fancy un ace to give a good account first time over fences against court minstrel.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Peintre Celebre

ste2010 wrote: »
    Going for a few long shots today

3.15 Milanbound 20/1
    3.15 destroyer deployed 33/1

5.35 citizenship 20/1

Outside of those I fancy un ace to give a good account first time over fences against court minstrel.
    I have citizenship in the tracker for a large bet but have him down to leave today and get on next time. He hacked up off this mark at Exeter last December and they've been running him over too far or he was rated too high. A nice midfield run to blow away the cobwebs today and get dropped a pound or two is what I was hoping for

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭ste2010

I have citizenship in the tracker for a large bet but have him down to leave today and get on next time. He hacked up off this mark at Exeter last December and they've been running him over too far or he was rated too high. A nice midfield run to blow away the cobwebs today and get dropped a pound or two is what I was hoping for

Yep - I considered this when putting down the dollars. Conditions are favourable enough however freshness is the one question mark I was left with when placing the bet. Either or, nice to know its on your radar also. If he doesn't run a race today you know he's being primed for a run

• Registered Users Posts: 16,461 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Can you edit the title thread to say Friday as well?

I have a tip for Prince Of All in the 8:10 at Dundalk. Even money now, but told that this has been schooling brilliantly at the track and that defeat is out of the question.

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭pugw

No balthazar king tomorrow thought he'd try and defend his title! Was on him the last two years!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭droidman123

I have a nice bet on vicente in the next at cheltenham.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

I have a tip for Prince Of All in the 8:10 at Dundalk. Even money now, but told that this has been schooling brilliantly at the track and that defeat is out of the question.

Will have a winner for yous 2moro lads that's all I can say now.

Ivawood done at 1.14. Was about to post before the off that 1/2 was very short. Plenty of burnt fingers there, learned a long time ago short priced 2 year olds are a quick road to bust

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭Andalucia

the ground is brutal, tough work for those 2yr olds, the War Fronts would be lapped if they ran on that

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Strange that for all of their speedy 2yo's over the years, the Hannons' still haven't won a Middle Park.

Not having a bet today but I'd be keen enough to take on Lucida. Best form but totally different ground, Agnes Steward would be my bet

• Advertisement

Ivawood shouldn't even be in the Guineas betting. He wouldn't get a mile in a horsebox.

Very keen on Lucida here. 6/4 is a fair enough price.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭skippymac6

Andalucia wrote: »
    the ground is brutal, tough work for those 2yr olds, the War Fronts would be lapped if they ran on that

Thought that Ger Lyons horse would act well on that ground but not to be. He made a killing selling him at the time he did!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,267 ✭✭✭paddyisreal

yeah lucida looks the bet for today for me, short enough now though

Turned into a 3 furlong sprint.

one of the better Joseph O'Brien rides, horse improved massively with racing last few months

That's a nice improving filly very well bred. Found's form gets a boost

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭DylanAFC

That's a nice improving filly very well bred. Found's form gets a boost

Breeders Cup for Found according to AOB.

Another messy race.

form will need treating with caution given the ground

Hannons horses just hated the ground today, surely better than that, hardly any stars though

• Advertisement

What a bad day for punters at Newmarket. Next race I think is more open than the betting might suggest. Thought Cable Bay ran much better last time out and could be creeping back to form at a big price

the next at Newmarket provides Educate with his best chance of a win this year
    is a winner without the penalty as the apprentice left him too much to do last day
    ground should hold no fears, should have too much finishing kick for Air Pilot

• Registered Users Posts: 8,653 ✭✭✭shmeee

Dundalk 7.10
    Maontri ew nap @ 5/1

Should give a better account over this shorter and preferred trip tonight and the fav is way too short and maontri is the value.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,653 ✭✭✭shmeee

shmeee wrote: »
    Dundalk 7.10
    Maontri ew nap @ 5/1

Should give a better account over this shorter and preferred trip tonight and the fav is way too short and maontri is the value.

Very disappointing run now. And favourite couldn't be given away and wins then!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,267 ✭✭✭paddyisreal

shmeee wrote: »
    Dundalk 7.10
    Maontri ew nap @ 5/1

Thought the same myself. That was disgraceful, horse drifted like a barge and never tried a yard. Out with the washing all the way round.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,461 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

:o

• Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Will have a winner for yous 2moro lads that's all I can say now.

NR.

Arabic history's price is ridiculously big with huge form behind it even if giving weight. I reckon it'll be between Curtis horse and Arabic history

One of the reasons I love Tom scudamore so much..unnecessarily murdering the sh*t out of a young horse for no reason whatsoever because he gets a horn that's he's so far ahead of the field...no wonder nearly all of pipes horses semi-permanently bottom out

• Advertisement
Advertisement