Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

would speech and drama class be beneficial

Options
  • 16-10-2014 10:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭

Hi there.
    My 4 yr old attends playschool 5 days. Had attended playschool 2 days last yr.
    She will start school in September 2015 the issue being she will not talk to her teachers.
    She won't answer questions say her name participate in anything where she has to answer an adult.
    She however will play with her peers with no issue.
    Mixes well with the 11 childryen in her group.

She however gets anxious and puts her fingers straight into her mouth and chooses not to speak to any adult.
    She has absolutely no problems with speech and plays away with others.

I'm concerned with when she start s school next year she will have at least 28 in her room between junior and senior infants.
    She may feel terribly overwhelmed then and may fall behind ( or may not)

Other than that she is doing great

I have absolutely no experience of speech and drama but would something like that help her improve her confidence at such a young age.
    Any advice
    Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

hi op
    only seeing this now.

i'd definitely recommend she join a speech and drama group.
    the very young classes are simple and fun and in a properly run group their confidence grows as they are encouraged to talk up, recite, sing and drance around.
    all very simple stuff but brilliant for them:)

good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭monflat

Hi rubberchicken

Thanks for reply I've actually enrolled her into a drama group and it's going great.
    She walks in no problem and is getting on good according to her teacher.
    She talks about it all week and looks forward to goin so fingers crossed!!!

Advertisement