Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LSE and rugby scandal.

Options
  • 16-10-2014 9:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Anybody else see this?

I can't add any urls cos I'm a new member but basically a rugby club in LSE handed out leaflets that called women sluts and Trollops to freshmens. As well as calling sporty women beasts, they made racist and classist comments. They also said homosexual debauchery was not tolerated.

The club was closed down.

I completely agree with this and think all the members should have to take some kind of sensitivity training. It's a complete joke that grown adults think this is even slightly appropriate or funny! From what I've seen and experienced myself this is a slightly more exaggerated version of what certain people in college face because of lad culture.

What do you's think?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭Tail Docker

S4960 wrote: »
    Anybody else see this?

I can't add any urls cos I'm a new member but basically a rugby club in LSE handed out leaflets that called women sluts and Trollops to freshmens. As well as calling sporty women beasts, they made racist and classist comments. They also said homosexual debauchery was not tolerated.

I completely agree with this and think all the members should have to take some kind of sensitivity training. It's a complete joke that grown adults think this is even slightly appropriate or funny! From what I've seen and experienced myself this is a slightly more exaggerated version of what certain people in college face because of lad culture.

What do you's think?
    Fail.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,248 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Should they not have been busy elsewhere, off lighting farts or something?!?

S4960 wrote: »
    Anybody else see this?

What do you's think?

Feminist killjoys up to the same old tricks. Some people are just desperate to take offence.

Etc, etc, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

I found a link but I'm not going to bother posting it.

That's what I think.

I have to say that homosexual debauchery sounds like a lot of fun. I feel like I'm missing out.

Debauchery. Lovely word.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Elitism at the London School of Economics?.. surely not!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Laois6556

Where's LSE?

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭SmilingLurker

They are idiots who need a strong dose of cop on. I believe the LSE shut them down, quite sensibly.

They may be grown, anyone who acts like that is no adult. Points to a very poor quality upbringing and morals.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 S4960

Fail.

That was a total fail.Wrote it about the club being closed and then added the other bit. I'm an idiot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭AndonHandon

Let the boys play.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,618 ✭✭✭The Diabolical Monocle

The London boys club university rugby team condemning homosexual debauchery ??

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

It was just banter

*This is reference to Richard Keys and not my opinion.

Advertisement